Diana F.
Diana F., Antiques Appraiser
Experience:  Bachelor of Arts Degree (summa cum laude); 10+ years exp.
48688175

How much is cobult blue antique glass vases & jars worth

How much is cobult blue antique glass vases & jars worth?
Category: Antiques
Expert:  Diana F. replied 5 years ago.
Hi again!

Can you tell me a bit more about the vases and jars? Are they a clear type of blue glass, like this:

graphic

Or are they a more opaque, milky type of glass? Is there any kind of pattern in the glass?

Do you think you could upload a picture of what you have? If not, that's okay.

You can send a photo (if possible) to me in this message box.

In this message box, you will see a little paper clip at the top. Click it.

Then click on browse and another box will open up. Click on browse in that box. This will take you to the photos on your computer.

Click on the one you want to send. Double click on the image.

You'll be taken back to the upload box. Click OK. You'll be taken back to your original box.

Click Insert and the picture should show up in the message area before you send it to me.

_______________________________________________________

TinyPic is a good place to upload photos. You do have to have the images saved on your computer, but you can upload photos without having to register or give them any information.

1) Go to www.tinypic.com
2) The first thing you'll see is an upload page.
3) Click on "Browse".
4) Choose the image you want to upload.
5) Make sure the file type chosen is "Image".
6) In the "Resize" box, leave it as "default".
7) Click "Upload Now".

You'll see a verification box pop up. Just type in the words it shows and click "upload now". It might take a few minutes to upload.

Once it does, you'll be given 4 different viewing options.

Just copy either the addresses in the "URL for E-Mail & IM" or "Direct Link for Layouts" and paste the link into the message box.

Thanks,
Diana
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
I will check.
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
They are dark blue ( cant see through them). no pattern,
Expert:  Diana F. replied 5 years ago.

Without seeing pictures, it's really hard to put a definite price on the items. There are some glass companies that only added the blue shade to their glass and claim that their products are authentic cobalt glass. That makes identification fairly difficult, especially without pictures.

Here are some prices ranges I’ve put together for various types of cobalt glass.

Lidded jars and small bottle-type glass typically run around $8 to $15.

If you something more the size of a cookie jar, you could be looking a price around $20 to $30.

If your vases are more of the fancy art-glass type, you're probably looking at something closer to $40 to $50.

Regular, simpler, household, decorative type of cobalt colored glass tends to range in more of the $10 to $15 range.

I've seen people sell lots of various vases (a grouping of 5 to 8 in various sizes) for upward of $50.

Hopefully this will give you something to base your values on it. Good Luck!

If I can be of any further help, don't hesitate to contact me. Please click accept (at no further cost to you) if I have been of any help, since this is the only way we are compensated by JA.

Thanks and have a great evening,
Diana