Great House Antiques
Great House Antiques, Appraiser/ Researcher/ Entrepreneur
Experience:  30+ years in all aspects of the Antiques and Decorative Arts Industry

I require an appraisal on a Rosenthal/Bahnhof /Selb/ GERMANY/CHIPPENDALE

Customer Question

I require an appraisal on a Rosenthal/Bahnhof /Selb/ GERMANY/CHIPPENDALE dinner set comprising of 105 pieces. The set was purchased by my mother in Germany sometime between the end of WW11 and 1951 when we came to Australia. I have photographed the set and have a written breakdown of the pieces if required. Thank you Bobbi.
Category: Antiques
Expert:  Great House Antiques replied 5 years ago.

Hello, Bobbi, and thank you for your question.

I can certainly help, but I will need to know which pieces are included in the set and their quantities.

Thank you.

Customer: replied 5 years ago.
12 Dinner Plates: 12 Soup Bowls (lge): 24 Side Plates: 10 Dessert Plates: 1 Coffee Pot(h28cm): 1 Coffee Pot(h25cm) 12 coffee cups (gold inner) and saucers: 1 milk Jug(h15cm): 1 milk jug(h13cm): 1 sugar bowl(h15cm): 1 sugar bowl(H13cm): 1 butter dish with lid: 8 egg cups: 1 Large Tea Pot (25cm): 10 Tea Cups and saucers: 2 Oval Serving Platters (L35cm & 25cm): 2 Serving Bowls with lids (25cm diam): 1 serving bowl with lid (35cm diam): 2 gravy boats with attached saucers oval (25cm in length): 2 round serving platter with gold handles (30cm diam).
I also have photos available but have not been able to forward onto you.on this site. Thanks Bobbi

Bobbi -

Please forgive the lapse in time. I had a serious medical emergency and have been off line for several days. I'm sorry for any convenience to you. I am back, however, and I have evaluated your inventory of fine china. Don't worry about the photos not posting. You have provided me with enough information to proceed without their necessity. Assuming all of its pieces to be in excellent condition, your rather extensive, classic set would have an estimated retail value of $2,800- $3,200 (AUD) in today's market.

Once again, please forgive the delay. I wish the best to you and your great set of Rosenthal.