Glenda B.
Glenda B., Antiques Appraiser
Experience:  40+ yrs. Experience, 40+yrs.Dealer buying/selling antiques.14+ yrs. Antique Store Owner. Member of AOA, AADA. Advanced studies in Antiques at University of Arkansas at Little Rock.
53729464

Similar in type to the Mother of pearl Last Supper shown on your current page, I have a La

Similar in type to the Mother of pearl Last Supper shown on your current page, I have a Last Supper 28" x 28" in a hinged shadow box altogether about 5 or 6 " larger on each side. I will try to email a phone picture. I would like to sell it but I have no idea the value
Category: Antiques
Expert:  Glenda B. replied 3 years ago.

Hello

It helps to value items if we can get a visual image of the item, if possible can you send a picture. There seems to be a conflict with sending a picture from your phone, so please upload them to your computer first if you can.

Here are instructions for sending several ways, be sure it is uploaded to your computer, in jpeg form, no larger then 1 mb. 4 x 6 inch works best . When you upload the picture you will be able to see it in this message box before you send it to me. If all else fails you can upload to your face book page and send me the link to the photo page here.

Glenda

1.

You can send a photo to me , in this message box, you will see at the top the little paper clip, click on that.

then click on browse, another box will open up,

then click on browse in that box, this will take you to your photos on your computer,

you click on the one you want to send , then click on the picture ,

then click open, this will put it in the second box you opened,

then click ok, then you are back to the first box click on insert.

The picture will show up in the message area before you send it to me, you should be able to see it.

You can see step by step instructions on this you tube video by clicking this link:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ESFMEtpDkow&fmt=37 if you cannot open it clicking on this, then copy and paste to your browser.

??

??

2

TinyPic is a good place to upload photos. You do have to have the images saved on your computer, but you can upload photos without having to register or give them any information.

1) Go to www.tinypic.com

2) The first thing you'll see is an upload page.3) Click on "Browse".

4) Choose the image you want to upload.

5) Make sure the file type chosen is "Image".

6) In the "Resize" box, choose either "Website/Email" or "Message Board".

7) Click "Upload Now".You'll see a verification box pop up.

Just type in the words it shows and click "upload now". It might take a few minutes to upload.

Once it does, you'll be given 4 different viewing options.Just copy either the addresses in the "URL for E-Mail & IM" or "Direct Link for Layouts" and paste the link into the message box.

??

??

Customer: replied 3 years ago.
I'm very bad at this ...but I'll try.
Expert:  Glenda B. replied 3 years ago.
Ok, thanks , it is pretty easy just follow the steps,
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
Can you give me the email address again I afraid to move off this page lest I loose you
Expert:  Glenda B. replied 3 years ago.

You upload your picture to this message box, follow these steps, make sure your picture is in your picture program on your computer, a 4 x 6 inch works best, XXXXX XXXXX to that size

then follow these

Customer: replied 3 years ago.
Im not getting a screen with the tool bas and paper clip the music is very distracting and I'm near giving up I did go back to the phone and get theXXX@XXXXXX.XXX
Expert:  Glenda B. replied 3 years ago.
Are you using a mac? the tool bar is to the right of the yellow smiley face if you are not on a mac, at the top of the area where you type your message to me at.
Expert:  Glenda B. replied 3 years ago.

If you cannot send one this way send it by email to experts@justanswer.com be sure to put in the subject line "Trying to get pictures to Glenda B" in the body of the message tell them you are trying to get pictures to expert MsDaisy, Glenda B, tell them your name and your user name, also be sure to send it from the email you signed up with JustAnswer with. It may take a little while to get to me but, they will get them here.

Glenda

Customer: replied 3 years ago.
I'm very bad at this ...but I'll try.

Thank you -- Glenda, I've got to get some other things done tonight. My e mail isXXX@XXXXXX.XXX and I will be anxious to hear from you. I'll check back only on my email around 9 and again around 10 tonight.
Needless to say I am not yet helped by this process. Later...
Expert:  Glenda B. replied 3 years ago.

Let's try this,

Is this what yours looks like ? If yours is larger then this one, then it would be valued on todays retail market at approximately 3500.00 to 4000.00.

graphic

Here is a description of this one so you can compare to yours: What you have is a Jerusalem School mother-of pearl Orthodox Christian icon. It was a specialized art done by Eastern Christians called Melchites in the Holy Land It was made beginning in the 1830s and into the 20th century. Yours could have been made in the early 20th century. Similar pieces of lesser quality are sold by dealers in Middle Eastern art for $1,800. Yours, with the elaborate frame, could sell for $2,000 or more by a specialty dealer.

If you are wanting to sell this I would check with some local Antique Shops in order to see if any would consign it for you. Or you could try to sell it at a larger auction house.

If I can be of any further help, please feel free contacting me. And if you would like to use me on any further questions, feel free putting my name ( Glenda ) in your question line, then I will be sure to get it. Look forward to working with you again.

Please click accept if I have been of any help to you, (with no further expense to you)

We are only paid by Just Answer after you click accept. Otherwise we are not

compensated for our time.

Thank you, XXXXX XXXXX Great day.

Glenda

Glenda B., Antiques Appraiser
Experience: 40+ yrs. Experience, 40+yrs.Dealer buying/selling antiques.14+ yrs. Antique Store Owner. Member of AOA, AADA. Advanced studies in Antiques at University of Arkansas at Little Rock.