Diana F.
Diana F., Antiques Appraiser
Experience:  Bachelor of Arts Degree (summa cum laude); 10+ years exp.

the floyd-wells o. royersford pa bengal americans best queen

Customer Question

the floyd-wells o. royersford pa bengal americans best queen bengal wood cook stove value ?
Category: Antiques
Expert:  Diana F. replied 5 years ago.
Hi and thanks for choosing Just Answer.

These old cast iron / porcelain stoves are fairly collectible, especially if they're in working condition or are in need of just minor restoration. More than likely, you've got a Bengal from around the 1920s.

They typically sell for between $250 and $500 depending on condition and where you try to sell it.

I'm not sure where you're located, but if you're thinking about selling it, I would check with your local antique shops and flea markets first. You can post an ad on your local craigslist and any nearby larger cities. This way you can decide if you want to sell locally or try listing it online. Online auctions (like Ebay) typically goes for 30% less than if you were able to sell outright.

You might try contacting a local auction company. They'll be listed in your yellow pages and through google. Most will come and pick up the item, auction it off, then take a cut off the selling price. Auctions can be good or bad. You might be able to put a reserve on your item, so that it must go for at least that price. Just because it doesn't sell one time at an auction, doesn't mean it won't the next time.

If I can be of any further help, don't hesitate to contact me. Please click accept (at no further cost to you) if I have been of any help, since this is the only way we are compensated by JA.

Thanks and have a great day,