Kim D., Certified Appraiser & Antiques Expert
Experience:  25 Yr Decorative & Fine Art, Historic Objects Expert, CAGA, AOA

I have two paintings aprox 120cm * 60cm one of roses the other

I have two paintings aprox 120cm * 60cm one of roses the other of lillies they have gold leaf embossing on frame. They were painted 1909 by an M Dakin. I belive it was from country Victoria where my mother was born.

M. Dakin does not come up in any of the artists worldwide data bases and librarian indexes of known painters. However that does not mean these are not valuable as there were many artists who did not paint long enough or professionally that did not get recorded in the major resources. Would you have images that you can share so I can assess their quality, hand, medium and value? Dori

The paper clip tool on the tool bar is one option for graphics. If the image is too large you might try my favorite site for images, photobucket. It is free and easy to use. Here are some simple directions.

Upload your image to the free photo sharing site photobucket and create an album. Return here and give me your non email user name and password XXXXX I can easily go to your album. PS User names must not be email passwords but a word or numbers as JA will not allow emails to be seen in these text boxes.