Great House Antiques
Great House Antiques, Appraiser/ Researcher/ Entrepreneur
Experience:  30+ years in all aspects of the Antiques and Decorative Arts Industry
51883380

I have some china from Bavaria with a crown like mark on the

Customer Question

I have some china from Bavaria with a crown like mark on the back with a circle enclosing
the name Paul Muller Sels, and below the Bavaria mark is a V and below it in the
number 15. Can you tell me how old it is, and maybe its present day worth.
Category: Antiques
Expert:  Judith-on-Antiques replied 3 years ago.
Hi Sir or Madam
I can help you with this question.

Do you mean "Paul Muller Selb"?

Does the mark look like this one?

Attachments are only available to registered users.

Register Here

Register Here

Register Here
View Full Image

Register Here
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
Yes the name is Self, and the image is exactly as is shown.
Thank you,
The company name is Paul Muller, and it was located in Selb, Bavaria, Germany. The factory was founded in 1890. The company was absorbed by Hutschenreuther in 1917.

If you can tell me exactly which pieces you have and how many of each, I can try to value your china for you. Please also either describe the pattern or upload an image of one plate. Thanks!
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

The pattern on my china is white with a gold edge. This is a cluster of pink rose buds

at the bottom, trailing a quarter up both sides and about half way up the middle. Than

across the top there is another cluster trailing out each side, also has some gold tindrels in the cluster. I have 7 dinner plates, 6 cups, 8 sausers, 8 salad plates, and

8 small bowls. Unfortunatly I do not have a pictures of them. I thought by the emblem

on the bottom you could tell me perhaps if there is a pattern name for this set, it is

exactly like the one you picture. Thanks for anything you can tell me.

Unfortunately, the mark only tells us who made the china and approximately when. Identifying the pattern without a picture is tough!

Is this your pattern?

Register Here

Register Here

Register Here
View Full Image

Register Here

Or this one?

Register Here

Register Here

Register Here
View Full Image

Register Here

Or this?

Register Here

Register Here

Register Here
View Full Image

Register Here