Judith-on-Antiques
Judith-on-Antiques, Antiques and Collectibles Researcher
Experience:  A noted expert, author, TV personality, appraiser and columnist. President, Association of Online Appraisers
57035021

I have a tea set of meikei with geisha in the bottom of the

I have a tea set of meikei with geisha in the bottom of the cups and mt fuji scene with a gold water wheel. what would the value be for this : tea pot sugar and creamer 6 cups 5 saucers and 6 plates?
Category: Antiques
Expert:  Judith-on-Antiques replied 5 years ago.
Hi Sir or Madam
I can help you with this question.

Your tea set with geishas in the bottoms of the cups is called "lithophane". The missing saucer will hurt the value of the set somewhat, although Japanese tea sets made for use in Japan are usually service for five, instead of six.

Your Japanese Meikei Mt. Fuji tea set with lithophane geishas, if everything is in excellent condition, has a current retail (replacement) value of approximately $100.

I hope this answer has been helpful to you. Please click "Accept", as that is the way I am compensated by JA for my service to you. Clicking "Accept" will not result in any additional cost to you. Feedback is welcome, and bonuses are appreciated. Thanks for using Just Answer!