Glenda B.
Glenda B., Antiques Appraiser
Experience:  40+ yrs. Experience, 40+yrs.Dealer buying/selling antiques.14+ yrs. Antique Store Owner. Member of AOA, AADA. Advanced studies in Antiques at University of Arkansas at Little Rock.
53729464

Yawman and Erbe oak file cabinet in excellent condition. 27

Yawman and Erbe oak file cabinet in excellent condition. 27 small drawers and 2 large file drawers in 3 unit stackable style. y and e logo on the brass drawer pulls. I need an estimate of it's value, as I am moving and must sell.
Category: Antiques
Expert:  Glenda B. replied 5 years ago.

Good Afternoon

Thank you for choosing Just Answer

These file cabinets are currently selling in the range for from 3500.00 up to as much as 4900.00. Depending on where they are for sale at, typically Antique Shops get higher prices. Since you are wanting to sell yours, I would try listing in on Craigslist, it is free, the interested party contacts you , they purchase and there would be no shipping. If not that then I would check with a local Antique Shop, they may want to purchase this or sell it for you on consignment.

If I can be of any further help, please feel free contacting me. And if you would like to use me on any further questions, feel free putting my name in your question line then I will be sure to get it. Look forward to working with you again.

Please click accept if I have been of any help to you, (with no further expense to you)

We are only paid by Just Answer after you click accept. Otherwise we are not

compensated for our time.

Thank you, XXXXX XXXXX Great day.

Glenda

Customer: replied 5 years ago.
That seems high. Can you tell me why?
Expert:  Glenda B. replied 5 years ago.

That is the prices they are being sold for at auctions and at antique shops, in the style and condition you stated yours is. I saw some smaller then yours sell for less, around 1200 to 2000, but, on average these cabinets are bringing pretty good money. It appears these cabinets are very much sought after.

Thanks

Glenda

Expert:  Glenda B. replied 5 years ago.

Thanks

Glenda