Judith-on-Antiques
Judith-on-Antiques, Antiques and Collectibles Researcher
Experience:  A noted expert, author, TV personality, appraiser and columnist. President, Association of Online Appraisers
57035021

Is there any value to Kyugetsu Geisha Dollas from Japan

Hi Sir or Madam
I can help you with this question. Can you upload a picture of your doll or dolls? Also, if there are any tags or labels, can you tell me what they say? Thanks!
Customer: replied 5 years ago.

Judith,

I do have pictures, which are not uploading here for some reason. I have tried to reply to the email with the pictures.

did you get them?

No, I'm sorry. You can't send pictures by replying to the email. If you want to attach pictures here, they must be smaller than 1MB. To learn to insert them using the paper clip icon at the top of your dialog box, watch this short video graciously contributed by another expert, ISAalan:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ESFMEtpDkow&fmt=37

If your pictures are larger than 1MB, you can resize them free at www.picresize.com

Or, you can do this:

1) Go to www.tinypic.com
2) The first thing you'll see is an upload page.
3) Click on "Browse".
4) Choose the image you want to upload.
5) Make sure the file type chosen is "Image".
6) In the "Resize" box, choose either "Website/Email" or "Message Board".
7) Click "Upload Now".

You'll see a verification box pop up. Just type in the words it shows and click "upload now". It might take a few minutes to upload.

Once it does, you'll be given 4 different viewing options.

Just copy either the addresses in the "URL for E-Mail & IM" or "Direct Link for Layouts" and paste the link into the message box.

As a last resort (because it can take a long time) you can email the pictures [email protected] and ask them to forward the pictures to me. You have to tell them the pictures are for he Antiques category, and give them your user name and mine, which is Judith-on-Antiques.
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
graphicgraphic
I'm sorry - that didn't work. If you're using tinypic, just go to the page that has your pictures, copy the address from the canopy above, and paste it here. Thanks!
Thank you!

I'm having trouble reading the label. I can make out "Kyugetsu Doll" and "Tokyo Japan". Can you tell me what it says under that, please? Also, how tall is the doll? Did she come in a glass display case? Thanks!
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
It just says "Made in Japan". She does not have a glass case and stands approximately 12" - 14" tall
Thanks for the additional information.

Dolls like yours have been brought back from Japan sine the Second World War. Kyugetsu is Japan's most famous doll maker, with a tradition dating back to 1835. The company is still in business.

Your Kyugetsu doll, if it is in perfect condition, has a retail (replacement) value of $90.

I hope this answer has been helpful to you. Please click "Accept", as that is the way I am compensated by JA for my service to you. Clicking "Accept" will not result in any additional cost to you. Feedback is welcome, and bonuses are appreciated. Thanks for using Just Answer!