Appraiser Alan AOA C
Appraiser Alan AOA C, Appraiser & Adjuster
Experience:  Hello, my name's Alan! I'm a 14 year Appraiser with AOA appraisers, ISA & IRS Qualified, and 5 year Certified & Licensed Insurance Adjuster with 30+ Years Collecting & Dealing.
53896401

I HAVE A ROSENTHAL BOWL THAT WAS PAST DOWN FROM MY GRANDMOTHER

I HAVE A ROSENTHAL BOWL THAT WAS PAST DOWN FROM MY GRANDMOTHER TO ME from Denmark around or before 1940 it is 9" across the top and 5" across the bottom It has this what look like a siganature Hfenberg, Kronach - Germany( Moliere) with the number 2501 and under that 12 shade oe red, yellowand blu flowers with green leaves & stems and gold decoration > I had Jonn Sewell the person that write to toronto star look at it but he could not give me an apprasal as he could not fine the mark what ever that is. i would bring it in if it is not to far as i live in Brampton My email [email protected] XXXXX XXXXXX Tel XXX-XXX-XXXX i could send you a picture of the bowl
Category: Antiques
Expert:  Appraiser Alan AOA C replied 5 years ago.

To provide the best answer here, it looks like I am going to need some pictures of the item(s) in question. If you could please provide these for me, it would greatly aid me in my search. Just so you know, my name is XXXXX XXXXX I believe that I will be able to help. I am a Qualified Appraiser of Antiques and have an extensive library and countless Antique sites subscriptions at my disposal. Seeing your item will help me identify it, place the most accurate value, and give the most accurate description.

Because I am not allowed to share my email address, to upload pictures you have upload them directly to this chat box. To do this they have to be less than 1mb. Just watch this video to find out how.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ESFMEtpDkow&fmt=37

If you are having problems with the link not appearing in the box, it is because they are too large. They need to be resized. If you do not know how to do this using software on your computer then you should…

Visit Picresize.com From the home screen, Click on "Browse". Then choose the image you want to upload. Now click “continue”. It might take a few minutes to upload. Once it does scroll down to “STEP 2” and in the "Resize" box, choose "Fit to screen: 800 resolution". Then Click "I’m Done" at the bottom. Next you’ll be given 4 different options. Just use “save to disk”, save it, and then upload it to the chat using the method in the video and I will get the pictures and be that much closer to answering your question.

I also have a question about your item, Is in good condition no chips, cracks or scratch marks? I will also need a picture of the mark ok.

Thanks for your Question; I look forward to providing you with an informative answer!

Customer: replied 5 years ago.

It is in perfect condition, not a scratch on it.

Front

Back

Hi, that is really nice looking let me look into this and I will get back to you tomorrow. Are you wanting value for insurance replacement purposes or fair market value at auction? Thanks for the quick pictures, Alan

Hello Jhon,

Using these resources to look into your inquiry, I was able to find a reference to mark in this book that is in my library it is in German called MARIETTA KLINGENBRUNN DUEUTSCHE PORRZELLANMARKEN Von 1708 BIS HEYTE by BATTENBERG, ISBN 3-89441-271-2 The factory maker is listed on page 230. Kronach Porzellanfabrick Philip Rosenthal & Co. the mark dates the piece being made between the years of 1928 – 1935. The R. and the C. have a period with the crossed lines and the crown has a line in the middle of the bottom band this all matches and confirms this is what you have. The factory was located in Barvaria, Germany at the time your Grandmother’s Porcelain Bowl was made. At the top of your mark is the name of the Rosenthal Artist who designed the piece Joseph Elfenbein. At the bottom of the mark is the pattern name, Moliere.

I was able to find a similar bowl online for sale but it is not as big as Yours here is the link; http://www.rubylane.com/item/307348-rb/Rosenthal-Kronach-Germany-Moliere-Dornroschen

Here is another similar bowl but they gave no price and it has already sold here is the link;

http://www.ioffer.com/i/rosenthal-kronach-moliere-footed-pierced-center-piece-145877355?source=eisi

Your bowl is rare and hard to find, for insurance replacement purposes I would value it at $225

I hope this answers your question! If you are satisfied with my answer, I would request that you please click the “ACCEPT” button so I receive credit for my work and leave feedback if you have a chance. Please consider clicking "BONUS" as a nice way of saying thanks for a job well done. Although this is neither required nor expected, it is greatly appreciated. Please remember that we can only base our answers on the information you provide and sometimes a misunderstanding as to what you are looking for or already know occurs so feel free to ask additional questions or for clarifications.

Thanks,

Alan C. Ransdell, ISA AM, AOA AM, CA

P.S. If you have any other any would like me to answer them, please put my name (Alan) at the beginning of your next question and I will get to it ASAP!