Judith-on-Antiques, Antiques and Collectibles Researcher
Experience:  A noted expert, author, TV personality, appraiser and columnist. President, Association of Online Appraisers

I have a violin or fiddle with 2 sets of markings on the inside.

(Carl Becker Geigenmacher, Berlin 4698)
(Josef Guarnerius Fecit Cremonae anno 1746 IHS)
I need help finding out the value, if any. Need to know if this is an original or replica. Thanks
Hi Sir or Madam
I can help you with this question.

The first thing I can tell you is that it is not a Guarnerius violin. Luthiers (violin makers) frequently put the names of the most famous and iconic luthiers on their labels as a tribute. The location of all genuine Guarnerius violins is known.

What you have is a German violin, made in Berlin around 1890, by Carl Becker. If it is in excellent condition, its current retail (replacement) value is approximately $4,000.

I hope this answer has been helpful to you. Please click "Accept", as that is the only way I will be compensated by JA for my service to you. Clicking "Accept" will not result in any additional cost to you. Feedback is welcome, and bonuses are appreciated. Thanks for using Just Answer!