Michelle
Michelle, Antiques and Collectibles Researcher
Experience:  30+ yrs. experience as an antiques dealer, collector, researcher, columnist and journalist.
52213563

How would I price an antique Queen Ann Sofa for sale that is

Customer Question

How would I price an antique Queen Ann Sofa for sale that is in fair condition cosmetically but good condition internally?
Category: Antiques
Expert:  Glenda B. replied 3 years ago.

Hello

The best thing to do to price a sofa like this , would be go to any local Antique Shops , see what the prices they are getting for a sofa like the one you have. Then you can take off any deductions you think should come off for condition of your piece. This gives you the best idea of what items such as these are selling for in your area. I would also run an ad in a local paper, and check with any resale shops in the area that do consignments, dealers love to pick up pieces they can put a little work in and make a little money. You might also consider running it in a local auction.

Hope this gives you some idea of how best to sell your sofa.

Glenda

Customer: replied 3 years ago.
Relist: Answer quality.
At first I was sent an email that said my request required an additional research fee and I was going to be charged $30 instead of $9, so I chose to not accept & so, Then my advise was to seek other like units in local Antique stores for value comparison? Not the answer I was looking for!Then you charged me the $9 anyway without my confirmation? So at this point you have taken my money and not given me any answer on the value of my piece. What else do you want from me?
Expert:  Michelle replied 3 years ago.
Hello, Michelle here. I appreciate the opportunity to assist you.

What condition is the fabric of the sofa in? Is it original to the best of your knowledge or can you post a photo of the sofa so that I can see it?