Glenda B.
Glenda B., Antiques Appraiser
Experience:  40+ yrs. Experience, 40+yrs.Dealer buying/selling antiques.14+ yrs. Antique Store Owner. Member of AOA, AADA. Advanced studies in Antiques at University of Arkansas at Little Rock.
53729464

Need information about an antique Dressmaker sewing machine.

I have a very old Dressmaker Special sewing machine it looks a lot like a Singer and I am having a hard time getting information on this machine. I have pictures if you need them. I have taken it to a sewing machine shop here in town and the guy there wasn't sure weather it was a Singer or not. I have been looking on line and have had no luck.

Can you send me the pictures you have of this machine. I have access to a large reference Library of Sewing Machines, old and newer. Look forward to seeing yours.

Customer: replied 6 years ago.
graphic

Here is a picture of a Dress maker that sold on the internet. You can see it was made by singer. It looks almost identical to yours. This one sold for this price. Hope this helps you , If you are thinking of selling, I would check with your local Antique Shops in the area to see what yours or one like it would sell for or has sold for. This will give you an idea of what it goes for in your area, then you can decide to sell locally or at one of the online markets.

Price US $329.00

Dressmaker Class 15 Sewing Machine/ Singer Model 15 Clone Early 1950s

Glenda B., Antiques Appraiser
Experience: 40+ yrs. Experience, 40+yrs.Dealer buying/selling antiques.14+ yrs. Antique Store Owner. Member of AOA, AADA. Advanced studies in Antiques at University of Arkansas at Little Rock.