Appraiser Alan AOA C
Appraiser Alan AOA C, Appraiser & Adjuster
Experience:  Hello, my name's Alan! I'm a 14 year Appraiser with AOA appraisers, ISA & IRS Qualified, and 5 year Certified & Licensed Insurance Adjuster with 30+ Years Collecting & Dealing.
53896401

I have a Unique brand sewing machine made by Davis Sewing Machine

Customer Question

I have a Unique brand sewing machine made by Davis Sewing Machine Co. Have U ever heard of it of know anything about it??
Category: Antiques
Expert:  Appraiser Alan AOA C replied 3 years ago.

Alan C. Ransdell, ISA AM, :

My name is Alan and I believe that I will be able to help. I am a Qualified Appraiser of Antiques and have an extensive library and countless Antique sites subscriptions at my disposal. Having so many resources, I will need a little time to look into your request for you to make sure I am getting the most accurate information as possible. I just wanted to let you know that I was working on it and that I should have you an answer shortly.

Thanks for waiting and thanks for using JustAnswer!

Alan C. Ransdell, ISA AM, :

Is this a treadle or an electric Model?

Customer :

treadle

Customer :

Would U like the serial #?

Alan C. Ransdell, ISA AM, :

Hi, yes please thanks

Customer :

2303006

Customer :

It has: Rams head drawers, all the extra foots & the instruction book w/it. UNIQUE is on the actual machine & Davis Sewing Machine Co. is stamped in the book to contact for parts.

Alan C. Ransdell, ISA AM, :

In 1897, the Sears Roebuck Company introduced a number of new models including another vibrating shuttle machine badged as the 'ACME' and manufactured by The Free Sewing Machine Company of Rockford, Illinois.

1899 saw the introduction of a vibrating shuttle sewing machine made by The Davis Sewing Machine Company of Dayton, Ohio. With a few exceptions, Davis would become the sole supplier of sewing machines to Sears until about 1912. It is during this time period that we have many of the Minnesota brand machines including the Models A, B, C, D, and K to name a few.

Your sewing machine dates to the early 1900’s and I would estimate in good working condition at auction would bring in my opinion $200-$300.

Customer :

It works, although the belt is broken.

Customer :

A few yrs ago, I was offered $400. for it.

Alan C. Ransdell, ISA AM, :

Well in this economy in my opinion I would still say $200- $300 and it needs to be cleaned up and working . You can get a rubber O ring from the cheapest auto parts store to fit it just take a string to measure it an buy it one inch shorter to stretch around the wheels.If you still have the belt then take it in to them good luck in getting it running it has been nice chatting with you.

Alan C. Ransdell, ISA AM, :

I hope this answers your question! If you are satisfied with my answer, I would request that you please click the “ACCEPT” button so I receive credit for my work and leave feedback if you have a chance. Please consider clicking "BONUS" as a nice way of saying "thanks" for a job well done. Although this is neither required nor expected, it is greatly appreciated. Please remember that we can only base our answers on the information you provide and sometimes a misunderstanding as to what you are looking for or already know occurs so feel free to ask additional questions or for clarifications.

Thanks,

Alan R.