Appraiser Alan AOA C
Appraiser Alan AOA C, Appraiser & Adjuster
Experience:  Hello, my name's Alan! I'm a 14 year Appraiser with AOA appraisers, ISA & IRS Qualified, and 5 year Certified & Licensed Insurance Adjuster with 30+ Years Collecting & Dealing.
53896401

100 year old mustache cup with gold inlays

Customer Question

Category: Antiques
Expert:  Appraiser Alan AOA C replied 3 years ago.

PICTURE REQUEST

To provide the best answer here, it looks like I am going to need some pictures of this item(s) in question. If you could please provide these for me, it would greatly aid me in my search. Just so you know, my name is XXXXX XXXXX I believe that I will be able to help. I am a Qualified Appraiser of Antiques and have an extensive library and countless Antique sites subscriptions at my disposal. Seeing your item will help me place the most accurate value and give the most accurate description.

To upload pictures you can try one of two methods. You can either upload them directly to this chat box if they are under 1mb or you can upload them to tinypic.com.

To upload pictures directly to this site, you need to click the Silver paperclip button in the chat area. From there a small window will pop up. The first box will say "Image URL" Next to this box there is a small box that has a blue top along with red lines in it. You will want to click this box. Another window will then pop up. In this window you can attach the pictures. You will want the hit the "browse" button and then navigate to where you have the pictures saved on your computer, select "open" and it will attach to the image upload box. Next click "OK". Next your picture's URL should be shown in the "Image URL" box on the first pop up. Next click insert and you image is then inserted!. If you are having problems doing so, then you will probably want to try the Tiny Pic Method.

Tiny Pic is a good place to upload photos. You do have to have the images saved on your computer, but you can upload photos without having to register or give them any information. First Go to file:///G:/www.tinypic.com, the first thing you'll see is an upload page. Click on "Browse". Then choose the image you want to upload. Make sure the file type chosen is "Image". In the "Resize" box, choose "Message Board". Click "Upload Now". You'll see a verification box pop up. Just type in the words it shows and click "upload now". It might take a few minutes to upload. Once it does, you'll be given 4 different viewing options. Just copy and paste the link into this chat and I will get the pictures and be that much closer to identifying your item.

Thanks for your Question, I look forward to providing you with an informative answer!

Hang in there

Hi, hang in there I got stuck on several questions that researching them put me behind but I will get to you by tomorrow I am not taking on any more than I already have until you are done thanks, Alan

Customer: replied 3 years ago.
Alan I will have to get back to you as I have to take a picture of the cup .

Take your time make sure that you keep the picture under 1mb and if you can not get it to me just describe it in detail is there any marks on it identifying the porcelain maker? Is the mustache bridge in good shape as well as the rest of the cup with no chips, cracks, crazing ,tiny cracks in the glaze due to age or staining of brown spots in the bisque under the glaze?

Sincerely Yours,

Alan

The site has a problem with any picture over 1mb. So First go to http://www.picresize.com/ this will make it easy for you Good luck and let me know if you have any problems with it.

Sincerely yours,

Alan

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Alan I couldn't get the URL to open for me ,I am not sure if I ran out of memory or not

but I have a friend coming over tomorrow to help me and I will get back to you ,,

Thanks Cobra

Hey no problem we will get this figured out tomorrow is fine get some rest and I am going to do it too. I look forward to hearing from you tomorrow.

Sincerely Yours,

Alan

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

CupGood morning Alan ,,hope this is going to work for you

Cobra

okay, i have another suggestion for you. Visit Picresize. From the home screen, Click on "Browse". Then choose the image you want to upload. Now click “continue”. It might take a few minutes to upload. Once it does scroll down to “STEP 2” and in the "Resize" box, choose "Fit to screen: 800 resolution". Then Click "I’m Done" at the bottom. Next you’ll be given 4 different options. Just use “save to disk”, save it, and then upload it to the chat using the method above and I will get the pictures and be that much closer to identifying your item.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Hi Alan Say did you get the picture I sent ,,as it said you did at my end and also Alan where do I find that part to click to accept you for being helpfull to me

Cobra

no sorry i never received it. can you please resend it? as for the accept, i haven't provided an answer yet, once i do it will be on there . Thanks!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Cobra pixwell not sure if this will work ,,but here it is ,my buddy couldn't make it over today Alan ,,and I would imagine you will not be working tomorrow Right ?

Cobra

Hi sorry I could not answer you sooner I had computer problems with the web page. Yes I will be working so its no problem. I look forward to seeing it thanks, Alan
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
graphicTry this Alan
I am sorry it got down sized so much I can barely see it can you upload it again. Also is there maker's mark on the bottom can you take a picture of it too thanks, Alan

If they are under 1mb then you need to click the Silver paperclip button in the chat area. From there a small window will pop up. The first box will say “Image URL” Next to this box there is a small box that has a blue top along with red lines in it. You will want to click this box. Another window will then pop up. In this window you can attach the pictures. You will want the hit the “browse” button and then navigate to where you have the pictures saved on your computer, select “open” and it will attach to the image upload box. Next click “OK”. Next your picture’s URL should be shown in the “Image URL” box on the first pop up. Next click insert and you image is then inserted!. If you are having problems doing so because they are to large, then you will want to resize them. If you do not know how to do this using software on your computer then you should…

Visit Picresize. From the home screen, Click on "Browse". Then choose the image you want to upload. Now click “continue”. It might take a few minutes to upload. Once it does scroll down to “STEP 2” and in the "Resize" box, choose "Fit to screen: 800 resolution". Then Click "I’m Done" at the bottom. Next you’ll be given 4 different options. Just use “save to disk”, save it, and then upload it to the chat using the method above and I will get the pictures and be that much closer to identifying your item.

Thanks for your Question; I look forward to providing you with an informative answer!

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Alan since you sent back the picture that was to small we cannot put another pix in the reply box ,,is there anyway you can give me a Email address so I can send you a picture on it .

Thanks Cobra

Cobra J.A. will not allow me to give out my email address this is there site not mine did you try the link I sent you so you can resize it and upload it from there?

Visit Picresize. From the home screen, Click on "Browse". Then choose the image you want to upload. Now click “continue”. It might take a few minutes to upload. Once it does scroll down to “STEP 2” and in the "Resize" box, choose "Fit to screen: 800 resolution". Then Click "I’m Done" at the bottom. Next you’ll be given 4 different options. Just use “save to disk”, save it, and then upload it to the chat using the method above and I will get the pictures and be that much closer to identifying your item.I hope this works and I am so sorry about this.

Sincerely Yours,

Alan R.

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Alan I had 2 other people over here this afternoon ,,trying to help me out ,,and the pix we did manage to send was the only one ,,that we could get to work .

Alan I am 65 years old ,the only reason I even thought about getting it looked at for a price is how old the cup was ,I have 16 grands and was scared they might break it .but with all this bull ,,,it isn't worth the effort ,I came down with M.S. 27 years ago and I am totally disabled .since than i got diabetes ,had a heart attack,open heart surgery 5 years ago and I don't handle pressure all that well with all the meds I am on.

Alan you have bent over backwards for me ,but I am going to give up now ,I don't mind paying the money for all you have done for me ,just send me what I owe

Thanks

Glynne Martin

Cobra, please wait until Tuesday when the young man who is my business manager comes in he might be able to put it in Photo shop and blow it up for me so Ican see it. You never did tell me if there is a maker's mark on the bottom of the cup it will make the difference in the value. from what Ican see of it is a fancy one and not just a cheap cup I will talk back at you on Tuesday. I know what you mean with the stress of this site its gets to me too! Hang in there we have a picture and take care, Alan
Cobra,

you be glad to know that J.A. sent me a photo of the mug at Glynn's request . I found a similar one online that is in better shape these cups were really hot in the 1970's & 1980'S but certain ones do bring several hundred dollars so it is good you had it checked out just so you would know. Yours had a saucer with it at one time I believe and in my opinion would be valued at $45-$65. here is a link to a similar one like yours;

http://www.tias.com/11862/PictPage/1922825841.html

Again sorry about all of the problems you take care of yourself and it has been a pleasure!

I hope this answers your question! If you are satisfied with my answer, I would request that you please click the “ACCEPT” button so I receive credit for my work and leave feedback if you have a chance. Please consider clicking "BONUS" as a nice way of saying "thanks" for a job well done. Although this is neither required nor expected, it is greatly appreciated. Please remember that we can only base our answers on the information you provide and sometimes a misunderstanding as to what you are looking for or already know occurs so feel free to ask additional questions or for clarifications.

Thanks,

Alan R.

Experience: Hello, my name's Alan! I'm a 14 year Appraiser with AOA appraisers, ISA & IRS Qualified, and 5 year Certified & Licensed Insurance Adjuster with 30+ Years Collecting & Dealing.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Ok Alan I will talk to you Tuesday .

Cobra

Cobra , that s your answer look at it again we are done ok thanks, Alan
Cobra,

Thanks for everything you take care of that mustache cup it will be enjoyed for generations to come!

Sincerely yours,

Alan