Glenda B.
Glenda B., Antiques Appraiser
Experience:  40+ yrs. Experience, 40+yrs.Dealer buying/selling antiques.14+ yrs. Antique Store Owner. Member of AOA, AADA. Advanced studies in Antiques at University of Arkansas at Little Rock.
53729464

I have an antique curio cabinet with curved glass and a 30

Customer Question

I have an antique curio cabinet with curved glass and a 30 hour Smith's clock. The curio cabinet measures 33" L x 12" W x 44" H. I purchased this piece years ago from a childhood friend who's grandfather was the 1st Postmaster in Portland, Oregon. I have a photo that I can email. Do you know how much it is worth of a suggestion on where I can find out?

Thanks, XXXXXXXX@XXXXXX.XXX
Category: Antiques
Expert:  Glenda B. replied 3 years ago.

Hello Nancy

I have only ever seen one other of these cabinets, and it was in my shop in Arkansas, the man that had it was originally from Oregon. How surprised I was when I saw your cabinet. The one we had sold for 3,000.00, that was a couple years back so I believe on today's retail market this should bring from 4,000.00 to 4,500.00. Of course all furniture is subject in price to where it is for sale at, so if you are thinking of selling, I would check with your local Antique Shops in the area to see what yours or one like it would sell for or has sold for. This will give you an idea of what it goes for in your area, then you can decide to sell locally or at one of the online markets. You can compare yours to an antique bow front curio, or large china cabinet.

If I can be of any further help, please feel free contacting me.

Please click accept if I have been of any help to you, (with no further expense to you). Our pay comes out of the deposit or membership you already paid. We are only paid by Just Answer after you click accept, not clicking accept means we have worked for free.

Thank you , have a Great day.

Glenda