Kim D., Certified Appraiser & Antiques Expert
Experience:  25 Yr Decorative & Fine Art, Historic Objects Expert, CAGA, AOA

I have an eight legged octagon toped table either oak or mahogany.

I have an eight legged octagon toped table either oak or mahogany. I know it is over one hundred years old. Legs are spindle turned round feet. Spindle in bottom holds legs . Crown type decoration in middle of spindle.

I would be happy to work with you on this. Would you have an image to help narrow what you have? Dori

You can either send an image to my expert support team who will send it to me or even better use a free photo sharing site such as photo bucket and give me a non email user name and password XXXXX we can discuss this in detail.

[email protected] - if you send it by email tell them your user name and my name blueflowers1063 or Dori and Antiques Category.

Customer: replied 5 years ago.
Im taking a photo now
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
Im taking a photo now. Will send in a few min. TKS
Customer: replied 5 years ago.

oh no. sorry for the hassle but your images must be too big for the tool. Will you try again another way?

TinyPic is a good place to upload photos. You do have to have the images saved on your computer, but you can upload photos without having to register or give them any information.

1) Go to
2) The first thing you'll see is an upload page.
3) Click on "Browse".
4) Choose the image you want to upload.
5) Make sure the file type chosen is "Image".
6) In the "Resize" box, choose either "Website/Email" or "Message Board".
7) Click "Upload Now".

You'll see a verification box pop up. Just type in the words it shows and click "upload now". It might take a few minutes to upload.

Once it does, you'll be given 4 different viewing options.

Just copy either the addresses in the "URL for E-Mail & IM" or "Direct Link for Layouts" and paste the link into the message box.

Customer: replied 5 years ago.
Sent two other pic,s to @ support address to you?
ok. I will watch my email. it may take a bit of time. Thank you for your patience though...I know this is exhausting. Dori
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
No problem . If that doesnt work send me an e maill address and I will attach to e mail TKS
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
you have not got photo,s yet?
no. It is a Saturday. If you can put it in another form we will be able to discuss this sooner. otherwise we will just have to wait for the team to respond. Sorry.
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
Relist: I still need help.

Ok. Lets try this with the description. Is this oak? Mahogany? (dark wood or light wood? what is the size of the table top? Is this gate legged and has leaves? Is this a side table, a parlor / card table or a banquet table?

I will try to get the image as I need clarity on the date, wood, style, condition and the over all quality of the antique. But this will start me in my research for what this would be valued on todays market.

PS I hit answer only because I need to put it in my questions so I can find it..since it is taking sometime. I will refund any money but hopefully it wont charge you..It is just getting messy and taking more time than both of us would like. THank you so much for your patience. We will have an answer soon. PS try the other photo options if you are willing...I havent seen others images from support either...they maybe overwhelmed in other categories.

Customer: replied 5 years ago.

Oak or mohogany. Top is 28x28 height 301/2 side table. think victorian. been in family over 100 years.

Hmmm. I could tell you the wood the vintage style etc. with an image...I am still unclear.

I hate to hassle you...I hope you know that I am truly trying to gain clarity.

The table top is 28 inches it is a parlor or card table size.

I dont think I understand the 301/2 number.

I wrote support and gave them a link to our conversation to look for an image from you. Hopefully we will hear back from them tonight. Thank you for your patience.

Customer: replied 5 years ago.
Height of table is 30 1/2 inchs high
Customer: replied 5 years ago.

Wow. Finally we got an image...and it is such a nice little piece.

This octagonal lamp or hall table is mahogany and has great detail. It is not what I was expecting at all.

I want to confer with one of my colleagues on this and will return with an answer shortly.

Thank you again for your patience. Dori

When you wrote about an octagonal table, I was thinking of a game table as often that is the size of these style tables, but this is a nice little lamp or side table, as you well know, from the period of 1925-1940. It is very hard to tell you the maker as there were many and this does not have a label however it is a country transisitional piece...not a high end design but middle class fare with Colonial revival details and Eastern influence of the nice little apron and rosette applied trim. The wood is mahogany on the table top but the turned legs and trestle are walnut stained hardwood. (very I understand why you would not be able to tell me the wood) The value of this little table on the market is 200.00-225.00, depending on the venue of sale. However, I believe it would sell well wherever it was sold. Very cute for an early 20th century antique.

Best wishes, Dori

PS Please press "accept" as this is the only way JA pays its experts for their time and expertise. Thank you.