Judith-on-Antiques, Antiques and Collectibles Researcher
Experience:  A noted expert, author, TV personality, appraiser and columnist. President, Association of Online Appraisers

I have a Sheridan Silver Service. The mark says Sheridan and

I have a Sheridan Silver Service. The mark says Sheridan and silver on Copper with the three marks I saw online in between the two. There is a tray, two coffee servers both with lids that are attached, a creamer, a sugar bowl and another small bowl with a lid attached. I also have a coffee server that tips on a base with a warmer in the base. I would like to know what I need to do to get more information about value and where to take them.
Category: Antiques
Expert:  Judith-on-Antiques replied 5 years ago.
Hi Sir or Madam
I can help you with this question. IN order to give you the best answer, I'll need to see your set. Please upload clear images of the set, with one image of the marks. Here's how:

Go to a free file hosting website such as,, and click on the Upload button. Then navigate to your file and select it, and click the Start Upload button. When the uploading has completed you will be given a link to download the file. Copy the link and paste it in your question, and the Experts will be able to click on the link to download the file.

Customer: replied 5 years ago.
The snapfish link is
Thanks, XXXXX XXXXX the pictures.

You have a very beautiful, elaborate and large service.

The Sheridan Silver Company of Taunton, Mass began operating in 1944 as the C&C Silver Company. In 1946 they incorporated as the Sheridan Silver Company, Inc.

Your service includes both coffee and tea servers. The open bowl may not be a sugar bowl, but a waste bowl. The second covered bowl may actually be the sugar bowl.

Based on the auction results I've been seeing, you should be able to sell your service for $400 - $600 (fair market value). Replacement value would be in the $800 - $1,000 range.

As for where to sell, everything depends on how much effort you are willing to put into it. You can advertise in a local paper, which would relieve you of having to ship it. You could list it on Ebay. Or you could take it to local antiques dealers in your area, but they will only pay you about 30% of the retail value (approximately $200-$300).

I hope this answer helps you. Please click "Accept", as that is the way I am paid by JA for my time and effort. Feedback is welcome, too. Thanks for using Just Answer!