Judith-on-Antiques, Antiques and Collectibles Researcher
Experience:  A noted expert, author, TV personality, appraiser and columnist. President, Association of Online Appraisers

I have a copy of the unanimous declaration of the thirteen

Customer Question

I have a copy of "the unanimous declaration of the thirteen united states of america". the paper is very old so I have it in a frame to keep it from taring it has 57 signutures including XXXXX XXXXXCOCK and was wonder if it could be worth anything
Category: Antiques
Expert:  Judith-on-Antiques replied 5 years ago.
Hi Sir or Madam
I can help you with this question.

The problem is that this document has been copied literally millions of times over the last 250 years. So, most are worth a few dollars at most. They are reproduced on old-looking paper and sold at museums and gift shops. But, just when we think we know the location of every original copy there is, someone finds one that is real and nearly priceless.

So, you'd have to have this document examined in person by an authority on antique American documents in order to know if it has value. Where are you located, so I can make some recommendations?
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
I am located grpaevine,texas. The document belonged to my father-in-law in which he got from his mother who died when he was young and he died at the age of 96 about 8 years ago. yours truly Lucille Mayes
Hello again, Lucille. Here are some recommendations for you.

Pam Campbell, ASA Personal Property Fine Arts Fort Worth TX United States 1 (817 ) 737-9566 Contact Info

Nan B. Shelton, ASA Personal Property Antiques & Decorative Arts Fort Worth TX United States 1 (817 ) 737-0680 Contact Info
Personal Property Residential Contents - General

You should contact both these ladies and interview them, to see which one is the best for you.

Here's another specialist in historical documents:
John Payne
2309 Camino Alto
Austin, TX 78746
[email protected]

Also, you may want to try a local museum or historical society.

I hope this information helps you. Please click "Accept", as that is how I am paid for my time and effort. Feedback is welcome, too. Good luck, Lucille! Thanks for using Just Answer.