Judith-on-Antiques
Judith-on-Antiques, Antiques and Collectibles Researcher
Experience:  A noted expert, author, TV personality, appraiser and columnist. President, Association of Online Appraisers
57035021

I have beaded handmade handbags that is at least 30 years old.

I have beaded handmade handbags that is at least 30 years old. The inside of one bag says "Leo Miller, Paris, France" How much do you think there worth?
Category: Antiques
Expert:  Judith-on-Antiques replied 5 years ago.
Hi Sir or Madam
I can help you with this question.

Please upload images of the item you want evaluated. Here's how:

Go to a free file hosting website such as Photobucket.com, Snapfish.com, Flickr.com

and click on the Upload button. Then navigate to your file and select it, and click the Start Upload button. When the uploading has completed you will be given a link to download the file. Copy the link and paste it in your question, and the Experts will be able to click on the link to download the file.

Thanks!

Customer: replied 5 years ago.
It's white Beaded with pink beaded flowers. 6" x 6" pink design in the middle. beaded clasp w/ a 9" inch gold chain. the inside said "Leo Miller i think it has an address: 12 R. CASTIGLIONE - PARIS 1ER" and its hand made in Paris. I'll try and get a picture for you.
Okay - looking forward to seeing the pictures - sounds very lovely!
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
Relist: No answer yet.
I'm just waiting to see your photos, and then I'll supply you with an answer. Thanks!
Hi Christine,
Thanks for the pictures!

I just need to clarify a couple of things: There are three bags, right? And the labels belong to the first two? The third one doesn't have a label, correct? Thanks!
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
that is correct the 3rd one is embrodered not beaded
Thanks for the additional information, Christine.

Let's take the bags one by one.

I'll start with the third one, because it's first in your pictures. It is a petit point bag, which is a tiny form of needlepoint. These bags are collectible, and I can see yours is in excellent condition, but they aren't popular at the moment. Some of these have scenes on them, but I like the florals best. With its brass frame and chain, its retail value is $100.

Next, the black purse: This one looks a little larger, and its style is from the 1940s. I can't tell if it's in perfect condition, but if it is, its current retail value is $175.

Last, the Leo Miller bag. The company is located at Rue Castiglione, Paris. The bag is most likely from the 1960s, and its current retail value is $175.

You'll notice that the petit point bag is worth far less than the other two. That's just because they're out of popularity right now. it' a cyclical thing, so the value could go up in the future.

I hope this answer helps you. Please click "Accept", as that is how I am paid by JA for my time and effort. Feedback is welcome, too. Thanks for using Just Answer!