Appraiser Alan AOA C
Appraiser Alan AOA C, Appraiser & Adjuster
Experience:  Hello, my name's Alan! I'm a 14 year Appraiser with AOA appraisers, ISA & IRS Qualified, and 5 year Certified & Licensed Insurance Adjuster with 30+ Years Collecting & Dealing.
53896401

I have an antique White treadle sewing machine -- the Family

I have an antique White treadle sewing machine -- the Family Rotary model -- with the original attachments and manual, as well as some other accessories -- old wooden needle cases, e.g. The cabinet is I believe a tiger oak cabinet, and is in excellent condition. The machine itself is also in excellent condition, as the old treadles very seldom broke down. The serial number on this model is FR(NNN) NNN-NNNN I looked this up online several months ago, and, if my memory serves me correctly, it dates to the late 1920s.

I'd like confirmation of age and an estimate of value.

Thank you.
Dorothy

Alan C. Ransdell, ISA AM, :

Hi Dorothy,

Alan C. Ransdell, ISA AM, :

My name is XXXXX XXXXX maybe i can help.

Alan C. Ransdell, ISA AM, :

I know this machine and they are nice and you are right they never break down but I do.

Alan C. Ransdell, ISA AM, :

I do not work on Sundays but I will be back on it on Monday Thanks for your patients.

Sincerely,

Alan

Customer: replied 6 years ago.
Thanks, Alan. I'll look forward to your appraisal on Monday. -- Best regards, Dorothy

This is just a post to keep the question from timing out so that I can answer it for you thank you for waiting.

Customer: replied 6 years ago.
Sounds good. . . will watch for you tomorrow. -- Dorothy
Customer: replied 6 years ago.
Hoping you're still on this one. -- Dorothy
Hi Dorthy, I am gathering information and working on your question now I will get back to you shortly. Thanks, Alan

Hi Dorothy,

Your White treadle sewing machine serial # XXXXX made between 1915- and 1916 in Cleveland, Ohio by the White company. And they range in prices from $200 up $650 refinished in shops if you are looking to sell it then I would start out at $325 if cleaned up nice and pretty you can always come down in price but you can never go up. I hope this is the answer and what you were looking for let me know if I can be of any more help.

Sincerely,

Alan

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=300522459147&fromMakeTrack=true

http://www.bonanza.com/booths/TreasureandHome/items/Antique_White_Treadle_Sewing_Machine

Hi Dorothy,here is a cool site about the machine for you I hope you still use it to sew thanks, Alan

http://www.treadleon.net/whitesm/whites.html

Customer: replied 6 years ago.

Hi, Alan,

Thank you so much for this information, and for the links! It's a little older than I thought it was and valued higher than I thought as well -- both, good news. ;-)

I'm still debating about selling it. It was my husband's grandmother's, and I have my own machine, though instinct tells me the treadles are more durable than the more modern electric machines. I can remember sewing on the former. The first machine I received any training on was a White -- standard in the school system I was in at the time. I always thought that spoke well for their durability.

Again, I appreciate your time and expertise on this question. I guess I'll be hearing from you again, after you review pics I send on the china cabinet.

Until then. . .

Dorothy

Hi Dorothy, hang in there I got stuck on several questions that researching them put me behind but I will get to you by tomorrow I am not taking on any more than I already have until you are done thanks, Alan.

Customer: replied 6 years ago.
Thanks. . . have sent the pictures. -- D.
cool out to dinner and I will be back but it may be tomorrow ok thanks, Alan

Hi Janelle,

Thanks for waiting I am slammed with work sorry it took so long on the ring.

Item Description:

Antique Platinum Ladies Diamond Ring from the early 1900's period with stones from India. It is crafted and jeweled in a Flower Petal Design with (6) outer diamonds Approx.@ .20 carat and a center Diamond pronged in a diamond shape setting of Approx. @ .48 carat for a total carat wt.

Approx. Total carat of ring 1.68 carat wt.

The diamonds are Old Mine cut with a high Crown, small table square cuts, late 1800's early 1900's

Insurance value of $1200-$1500

I hope this answers your question, if you are satisfied with my answer, please click the accept button so JA will pay me for my work. Thank you! Also and please leave me Positive Feedback and I will do the same for you! Bonuses are always appreciated, Thanks again!

Sincerely Yours,

Alan

Customer: replied 6 years ago.
Alan,

I think you've sent this answer to the wrong person . I'm not Janelle, anmd I didn't ask about a ring. My question was about the Arts and Crafts (Mission) China Cabinet. Please send me the appropriate answer. I'm afraid you may have sent my answer to Janelle, or someone else. Thank you.

Dorothy
Dorothy, I am so sorry i did not send your answer to someone else I just did not copy off of the page I had written so please don't tell Janelle, just kidding! I was talking to her in chat let me send you what I came up with again I apologize for that, Alan
Customer: replied 6 years ago.
Okay, thanks. -- D.

Hi Dorothy,

You have been a great customer and a good sport! I see the post now on Janelle, I know how it happened you reposted to me from your sewing machine question, and yes that was my mistake as you well.

You know I do research and spend a lot of time on my questions researching them. And there are 5 pages of people with questions it is impossible to work on one at a time or else you miss looking up something as nice as your sewing machine, please excuse the mistake.

Sincerely Yours,

Alan