Appraiser Alan AOA C
Appraiser Alan AOA C, Appraiser & Adjuster
Experience:  Hello, my name's Alan! I'm a 14 year Appraiser with AOA appraisers, ISA & IRS Qualified, and 5 year Certified & Licensed Insurance Adjuster with 30+ Years Collecting & Dealing.
53896401

I have painting signed by vaclav brozik - 1884,the title i

I have painting signed by vaclav brozik - 1884,the title i found out is christopher columbus on spainish property. Is this worth geting appraised? will you give any appraisal?
Category: Antiques
Expert:  Appraiser Alan AOA C replied 3 years ago.

Alan C. Ransdell, ISA AM, :

My name is XXXXX XXXXX I believe that I will be able to help. I am a Qualified Appraiser of Antiques and have an extensive library and countless Antique sites subscriptions at my disposal. Having so many resources, I will need a little time to look into your request for you to make sure I am getting the most accurate information as possible. I just wanted to let you know that I was working on it and that I should have you an answer shortly.

Thanks for waiting and thanks for using JustAnswer!

Alan C. Ransdell, ISA AM, :

To provide the best answer here, it looks like I am going to need some pictures of this item(s) in question. If you could please provide these for me, it would greatly aid me in my search. Just so you know, my name is XXXXX XXXXX I believe that I will be able to help. I am a Qualified Appraiser of Antiques and have an extensive library and countless Antique sites subscriptions at my disposal. Seeing your item will help me place the most accurate value and give the most accurate description.

To upload pictures you can try one of two methods. You can either upload them directly to this chat box if they are under 1mb or you can upload them to tinypic.com.

To upload pictures directly to this site, you need to click the Silver paperclip button in the chat area. From there a small window will pop up. The first box will say “Image URL” Next to this box there is a small box that has a blue top along with red lines in it. You will want to click this box. Another window will then pop up. In this window you can attach the pictures. You will want the hit the “browse” button and then navigate to where you have the pictures saved on your computer, select “open” and it will attach to the image upload box. Next click “OK”. Next your picture’s URL should be shown in the “Image URL” box on the first pop up. Next click insert and you image is then inserted!. If you are having problems doing so, then you will probably want to try the Tiny Pic Method.

Tiny Pic is a good place to upload photos. You do have to have the images saved on your computer, but you can upload photos without having to register or give them any information. First Go to www.tinypic.com, the first thing you'll see is an upload page. Click on "Browse". Then choose the image you want to upload. Make sure the file type chosen is "Image". In the "Resize" box, choose "Message Board". Click "Upload Now". You'll see a verification box pop up. Just type in the words it shows and click "upload now". It might take a few minutes to upload. Once it does, you'll be given 4 different viewing options. Just copy and paste the link into this chat and I will get the pictures and be that much closer to identifying your item.

Thanks for your Question, I look forward to providing you with an informative answer!

Alan C. Ransdell, ISA AM, :

Sorry about the typo double paste in my message thanks, Alan

Customer:

I tried to up load the picture . did you recieve it yet?

Alan C. Ransdell, ISA AM, :

No sorry I have not try the other way and I will get back to you tomorrow ok thanks, Alan

Customer:

Can i send the picture by email ? what would be a email address to send a the picture to?

Alan C. Ransdell, ISA AM, :

I need the dimensions of the panting height and width in inches please the painting only and without the frame? Is this oil on canvass? Is the paint all intact? Are there any holes in the canvas? What is the overall condition of the painting and where did it come from? Are you sure it is a painting and not a print is there glass over it/

Thanks,

Alan

Customer:

The dimensions are 19.5" high by28"long.There is a wood backing made from two peases that is held in by small nails. When i removed the wood, there was another piece which looks like cardboard but much firmer.i really do not know if that would be called canvace, but it does not look like what i would call canvas.

Customer:

There is a small scrape in the center of the picture and a few very minor chips around the outside.there is no glass on the picture. the overall painting is in very good shape. my parents bought a home in 1948 shortly after i was born and found the picture in the loft of a old barn on the property. I found the picture after they passed in the attic of the house. the frame has a small chip on one of the corners. The picture is signed by v brozik in the left corner, with a date of 1884.

Alan C. Ransdell, ISA AM, :

Your painting is very valuable if original I have given you some auction houses to send pictures to it to for auction estimates they have sold his works before. If you do decide to sell it make sure it is professionally packed for shipping and insured for what they say it might bring. His works range from $1000- $23,000 so you make sure you tell them you want to sell it you are not obligated too. Otherwise they will want to charge you for an appraisal. Good Luck I think you have a treasure!

I hope this answers your question, if you are satisfied with my answer, please click the accept button so JA will pay me for my work. Thank you! Also, Bonuses and Feedback are always appreciated! Thanks again, Alan

Auction House: Vltavin Auction Hall

Alan C. Ransdell, ISA AM, :

Auction House: Vltavin Auction Hall

Masarykovo nábreží 36

110 00 Praha 1

Czech Republic

Phone: 224 930 340

info@galerie-vltavin.cz

Alan C. Ransdell, ISA AM, :

hello, there is one more auction house that i would recommend. you can see it here . They are located in New York. best of luck to you!

I hope this answers your question, if you are satisfied with my answer, please click the accept button so JA will pay me for my work. Thank you! Also, Bonuses and Feedback are always appreciated!

Thanks again, Alan

Alan C. Ransdell, ISA AM, :

i estimate your painting to be worth if like the ones that were simular at auction to be worth $23,000 to $46,000 this would be determined by the auction house when authenticated I hope you like your numbers!

Alan C. Ransdell, ISA AM, :

Thank you for allowing me to assist you. As you know, we work on the honor system here and cannot always provide you answers that you like. I believe I have answered all of the questions you asked so I would request that you please click the ACCEPT button so I receive credit for my work and leave feedback if you have a chance. Please consider clicking "BONUS" as a nice way of saying "thanks" for a job well done, although this is neither required nor expected. Please remember that we can only base our answers on the information you provide and sometimes a misunderstanding as to what you are looking for or already know occurs so feel free to ask additional questions or for clarifications.

Experience: Hello, my name's Alan! I'm a 14 year Appraiser with AOA appraisers, ISA & IRS Qualified, and 5 year Certified & Licensed Insurance Adjuster with 30+ Years Collecting & Dealing.