Great House Antiques
Great House Antiques, Appraiser/ Researcher/ Entrepreneur
Experience:  30+ years in all aspects of the Antiques and Decorative Arts Industry

I was wondering the value of my franciscan china, the pattern

I was wondering the value of my franciscan china, the pattern is a yellow and a purple wild flower. The american comany is no longer. The company merged several times an is in the UK now. The original people who made the china were Mary and Fredrick Grant, some of their china is on display in museums.
Category: Antiques
Expert:  Great House Antiques replied 5 years ago.

Hello, and thank you for your question.

I can help you if you simply tell me about the number and types of pieces in your very collectible set.

Thank you.

Customer: replied 5 years ago.

I have 74 pieces witch includes tea pot, gravey bowl with dish. 8 sm soup bowls, 8 lg soup bowls, 8 glasses, 12 coffee cups, 12 saucers, 8 dinner plates, 8 salad plates, 1 large platter,3 medium serving bowls, 1 large serving bowl, a sugar bowl with lid, a butter dish. all items are stamped one plate is stamped 60 47 made in california s the flowers appear to be purple hyacinth and yellow crocus

Thank you for the added info.

First, I would like to say you are most fortunate to have such a nice set of this rather rare Franciscan Ware pattern, known as "Poppy," for the large yellow California Poppies that are the basis for the motif (c.1950-1955). If all your pieces are in excellent condition (collectors of this ware are especially keen in this regard, as it is prone to chipping/flaking/scratching) they would, as a set, have an estimated retail value of $3,000-$3,500 in today's market. With a just a few imperfections here and there, $2,700-$3,000.

I hope this has been of help to you by answering your question. (Please, remember to click ACCEPT if so, as this is the means by which compensation is able to be extended for my service here.)

Thank you, XXXXX XXXXX good luck with your fine set of dishes.

All the best,