Great House Antiques
Great House Antiques, Appraiser/ Researcher/ Entrepreneur
Experience:  30+ years in all aspects of the Antiques and Decorative Arts Industry

hello i have a royal bayreuth bavaria very small jug blue and

hello i have a royal bayreuth bavaria very small jug 7cm, the top of the jug is blue with green fields there are 3 sheep and two rams. and 7 skinny trees on it. it has 32 on the bottom and p.t on the emblem on the bottom, its was my great grand mothers and is in perfect condition, just wanting to know anything about it.
Katrina Talbot
Christchurch NZ

Hello, and thank you for your question.

According to your description, you are referring to a piece in miniature by this famous Germany porcelain maker. Considered the longest continuously operating such maker of the region, and in business - in one form (name) or another since the late 18th century - they have made a wide variety of items including that which you possess. Your piece would be from the early decades of the 20th century and in excellent condition, would have an estimated value of $150-$200 in today's market.

I hope this has been of help to you and has answered your question. (Please remember to click ACCEPT if so.)

Thank you, again.

All the best,

Edited by InspiredKnowledge on 1/1/2011 at 12:53 AM EST
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
would you also be able to tell me what the number on the bottom means?

Hi, there.

The "32" would have most likely been used a lot or inventory number, not correlating to a date (your piece pre-dates the 1930's.) The P & T refer respectively to the word in German for porcelain, porzellan, and the municipality in which the factory is located, Tettau.

Hoping this has helped further,

Edited by InspiredKnowledge on 1/1/2011 at 2:19 AM EST