Richard, Android Specialist
Experience:  Android Systems Specialist
32989067

I forgot my pattern password on my HTC desire eye and do not

Customer Question

I forgot my pattern password ***** my HTC desire eye and do not want to do a teset
JA: What's the make/model of your device? How old is it?
Customer: HTC desire eye. Bought it in November of 2014
JA: How long has this been going on? What troubleshooting have you tried?
Customer: It will not let me get past the pattern screen and there is nothing on the bottom left of the screen that says forgot passcode
JA: Anything else you want the Android expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: No
Submitted: 11 days ago.
Category: Android Devices
Customer: replied 11 days ago.
This occurred this morning
Expert:  Richard replied 11 days ago.

Thank you for your question, my name is ***** ***** I look forward to assisting you.

Please note, click on Reply to Expert to reply to me, a rating is only needed when we are finished.

Even though I know this will probably annoy you and result in me getting a bad rating... the ONLY way to remove the pin is to reset the phone, which results in the data being removed from it. Its the whole point to the Pin, its there to protect the data. If you could bypass it, then there would be no point to the pin.

If you wish as a small amount of customers do, you can rate me bad, get upset by my message and spend a lot of time trying to get around it, but you will only end up with the realisation you have to reset the phone, it is the only way.

Then when you have concluded this yourself, this is the process you do.

1. Press and hold the VOLUME DOWN button, and then press and hold the POWER button.
2. Wait for the screen with the three Android images to appear, and then release the POWER and VOLUME DOWN buttons.
3. Press VOLUME DOWN to select FACTORY RESET, and then press the POWER button. All data will be lost!
Restores your phone to its original state.

The device will restart.

You can then set it up again.

I then advise you install the app Dropbox on your phone as this will then backup your photos, films and files online so you can avoid losing this in the future.

If you have any problems, or would like any additional information or assistance, please do not hesitate to let me know.

Else if you can take a second to rate my service by clicking one of the stars at the top of the screen then submit, that would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you