Aric, Technician
Experience:  15+ years in the field. Owner of AV Installation, OEM and Repair company
24739752

My kindle froze and now it will not power off or let me get

Customer Question

my kindle froze and now it will not power off or let me get on any apps or books
JA: What's the make/model of your device? How old is it?
Customer: its a fire about 4 yrs old
JA: How long has this been going on? What troubleshooting have you tried?
Customer: just froze last night, tried to power off - can't do it. Tried to let the battery run down no luck
JA: Anything else you want the eReader expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: no
Category: Android Devices
Expert:  Aric replied 2 months ago.

Hello, My name is ***** ***** I'll be assisting you. I'm sorry you're having problems. I'm reviewing your details now and will reply shortly.

Expert:  Aric replied 2 months ago.

Those symptoms don't point to needing a new battery.

The problem you're having is often due to the software in the Kindle locking up and it needing to be rebooted. To do this, simply press and hold the power button on the Kindle for 40 FULL seconds, then release and wait a full minute for it to reboot (do no press anything else within that minute).

If this does not cure the issue, try that reset up to THREE TIMES and wait the full minute to see if it reboots.

If you're still running into problems, then try plugging the Kindle into the charger for 15 minutes, then eject it and try the reboot a couple of more times.

If you need further assistance let me know. Before you go, PLEASE DO click at least a 3 STAR RATING, at the top of your screen (scroll up the page to get to the STARS).