Richard, Android Specialist
Experience:  Android Systems Specialist
32989067

How do I unlock a Samsung Galaxy 5 cell phone that is/was on

Customer Question

How do I unlock a Samsung Galaxy 5 cell phone that is/was on the USA TRACFONE Wireless Inc. service and set the cell to work on the Ontario Freedom/Wind Moblie Network?
JA: Just to clarify, what's the exact model of your Samsung? And what operating system are you running?
Customer: Model SM-S902CB
JA: Have you installed any updates recently?
Customer: Don't believe so. This is a used cell.
JA: Anything else you want the computer expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: That's all thank you.
Submitted: 10 days ago.
Category: Android Devices
Expert:  Richard replied 9 days ago.

Hi there and welcome

In order to unlock the phone from Tracfone, please follow the instructions on my link below

https://www.fcc.gov/consumers/guides/tracfone-phone-unlocking-program

If you have any problems, or would like any additional information or assistance, please do not hesitate to let me know.

Else if you can take a second to rate my service by clicking one of the stars at the top of the screen then submit, that would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you

Customer: replied 8 days ago.
Hello Richard, the link you provided me with doesn't really explain how to unlock the phone. I've done some further research and it's my understanding that all I need from you is an unlocking code. The link you provided me with explains how to get a partial refund or exchange. If you could please let me know what I need to do to get an unlocking code from you that would help. Thank you.
Expert:  Richard replied 7 days ago.

Hi there

The link explains the process to unlock the phone from Tracfone, you can also call 1-***-***-**** to have this done