Cris
Cris, Technician
Experience:  3yrs. experience with Android phone and tablets.
10156100

I have a kindle and just purchased a book from the store so

Customer Question

I have a kindle and just purchased a book from the store so I could read it on vacation, leaving tomorrow, and the book doesn't appear on my list
JA: What's the make/model of your device? How old is it?
Customer: hold on a minute while I check
JA: How long has this been going on? What troubleshooting have you tried?
Customer: I can't find anything on it to answer you question
JA: I apologize.
Customer: Is there a way I can access that info from the kindle itself
JA: Anything else you want the Android expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: found the model number - D00701
Submitted: 8 days ago.
Category: Android Devices
Expert:  Cris replied 8 days ago.

Hi there, I am Cris and will be glad to assist you.

Please try a power reset, sometimes this could be a glitch with the software. Press and hold the power switch then turn off the device. Turn it back on and wait for it to boot, see if the book is now on the list.

Let me know the outcome.

Customer: replied 8 days ago.
I already tried that before I hired this answer service
Customer: replied 8 days ago.
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call. Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
Expert:  Cris replied 8 days ago.

How did you purchase the book directly from the Kindle or through the Amazon site?

Customer: replied 8 days ago.
My work bought it 5 years ago, I don't know through which
Expert:  Cris replied 8 days ago.

No, I was referring to the book. How did you purchase it?

Customer: replied 8 days ago.
The Kindle store
Customer: replied 8 days ago.
I've tried sync and check for items function, and I've restarted it twice
Customer: replied 8 days ago.
it say my Kindle is unable to connect at this time, please try again later. My wireless is working and the kindle shows the wireless is on, I've even tried plugging it directly into my computer - same error message, unable to connect at this time
Expert:  Cris replied 8 days ago.

This sounds as though your Kindle is using an outdated firmware. Back in April 2016 Amazon forced older Kindles to update if not access to the Kindle store would not function properly.

Please check and let me know your firmware number.

1. Tap the Menu icon.
  2. Tap Settings→Menu→Device Info. The firmware version is listed
Customer: replied 8 days ago.
Software version Kindle 2.5.3 (490488060)
Expert:  Cris replied 8 days ago.

Please use the link below to download the last update release for your Kindle. You will need download onto your PC, then connect the Kindle to your PC with USB cable.

The Kindle will show up in your PC as drive. Move the file onto the root of the Kindle once you have copied the file over, disconnect the device.

Now, you simply need to instruct the Kindle to update via the Kindle’s menu system. On the Kindle, navigate to Menu > Settings to enter the settings menu, then tap the Menu button again from within the settings menu and select “Update Your Kindle.” Press OK and then wait. (If the “Update Your Kindle” option is grayed out, that means the Kindle was unable to locate the .bin file; confirm you placed it in the root directory and try again.)

https://www.amazon.com/gp/help/customer/display.html?nodeId=200529740

Let me know if you have any further questions or need remote help download and moving the file to your Kindle. Please take a moment to rate my service and submit at the top.

Customer: replied 8 days ago.
what do you mean by move the file onto the root of the Kindle?
Customer: replied 8 days ago.
does getting remote help cost beyond the $26 I already paid this evening?
Customer: replied 8 days ago.
If you can help me get this book ready for vacation tomorrow I would gladly give you 20 stars :)
Customer: replied 8 days ago.
I spent $14 dollars on the book and $26 trying to load it
Expert:  Cris replied 8 days ago.

Remote service is offered as a premium service and does cost more. When I mean by root is once you open the Kindle drive on your PC place the book there. Do not place it any other folders.

I can continue to assist you while you go through the process.

Customer: replied 8 days ago.
If I click the link, I'll be taken away from you here
Expert:  Cris replied 8 days ago.

The link should open another tab in your browser. You can always come back if you lose the page. You should have a email which will lead you right back to our conversation.

Customer: replied 8 days ago.
How do I find my drives?
Expert:  Cris replied 8 days ago.

What are you connecting the Kindle to? Windows or Mac?

If Windows, which operating system 7, 8 or 10?

Customer: replied 8 days ago.
Windows 10 - I found only C drive and the drive for the DVD drawer
Expert:  Cris replied 8 days ago.

Did you connect the Kindle with USB cable?

Customer: replied 8 days ago.
I now have so many window open I don't know what to do with , I think I've downloaded the file but don't know how to send it to the Kindle
Expert:  Cris replied 8 days ago.

Did you connect the Kindle to your PC with USB cable?

Customer: replied 8 days ago.
Expert:  Cris replied 8 days ago.

Make sure the Kindle is powered and not in sleep mode. If there is any PIN enter it as well, the Kindle should then appear listed as a drive at the top.

Customer: replied 8 days ago.
I have copied it over to the kindle but it didn't work
Expert:  Cris replied 8 days ago.

Did you do these steps to update?

On the Kindle, navigate to Menu > Settings to enter the settings menu, then tap the Menu button again from within the settings menu and select “Update Your Kindle.” Press OK and then wait.

Customer: replied 8 days ago.
said update successful but still unable to sync, still says unable to connect at this time
Expert:  Cris replied 8 days ago.

Did the device update and restart?

Customer: replied 8 days ago.
I've tried restarting it myself
Expert:  Cris replied 8 days ago.

Can you check one more the the software version now that your Kindle is on?

Customer: replied 8 days ago.
it now says 2.5.8
Expert:  Cris replied 8 days ago.

Let's try then resetting the device to factory settings then reconnecting to WiFi and registering to your Amazon account.

Before we do that do you have the 3G Kindle or WiFi Kindle? If you have the WiFi do you know your WiFi password?

Customer: replied 8 days ago.
I don't know which Kindle I have, I do have WiFi and I do know my WiFi password. -by reconnecting to WiFi do you me connecting back to my PC? The Kindle already shows the WiFi is on, and I don't know how to register to my Amazon account - how do I do that?
Expert:  Cris replied 8 days ago.

OK, let's go ahead and reset the device. After the reset the Kindle will walk you through connecting back to your WiFi. You will need to enter the password ***** connect to it.

Then the Kindle will prompt you for your Amazon account, which is the email and password. To reset the Kindle go to Menu>Setting>Reset

Let me know how it goes.

Customer: replied 8 days ago.
tried to reregister - "your kindle is unable to connect at this time"
Customer: replied 8 days ago.
at least before the reset it was registered to me, now I can't register it back again
Expert:  Cris replied 8 days ago.

OK, at this point I am out of ideas. Your kindle was running outdated software which should have resolved the issue once your device was connected to WiFi. If you have another tablet, iPad or smartphone you can access your Kindle books.

Customer: replied 8 days ago.
I've lost the books I already had, they're gone now
Customer: replied 8 days ago.
How can I access them through my Ipad?
Expert:  Cris replied 8 days ago.

Do you have an iPad?

Customer: replied 8 days ago.
I do
Expert:  Cris replied 8 days ago.

Very simple download the Kindle app from the App Store. Once it is downloaded open the app and sign in with your Amazon account. Once you do all of your books will be available for download right onto the iPad from the cloud section in the app.

Customer: replied 8 days ago.
The new book is there, but not my old ones
Expert:  Cris replied 8 days ago.

Do you have more then one account? Use the link to go to the Kindle Manage Page, it will list all the books in your Amazon account.

https://www.amazon.com/mn/dcw/myx.html#/home/content/booksAll/dateDsc/

Customer: replied 8 days ago.
It only shows the new one, not the others that I already had on the kindle before you had me reset it
Expert:  Cris replied 8 days ago.

You must have registered your Kindle with a different account from the one you had previously downloaded the books before. When you log into the Kindle Manage Page it list any book you have download/purchased to your account. If the books do not show then you did not use that account.

Do you have another email address you used to create an Amazon account?

Customer: replied 8 days ago.
No - I have only ever had just one account, I have the original email address and password ***** my records, the books that I had already purchased and were on the Kindle when we started this process are now lost?
Customer: replied 8 days ago.
Are you able to refund my money since you were unable to solve my problem - $26 and nothing to show for it,
Expert:  Cris replied 8 days ago.

Yes, will refund.

Customer: replied 8 days ago.
Thank you - is there a reference number I need in case the refund doesn't go through?
Expert:  Cris replied 8 days ago.

No, already have sent the request to customer service.

Customer: replied 8 days ago.
will they send me some sort of notice that they've refunded the charge?
Customer: replied 8 days ago.
can you give me the phone number of customer service in case I need to call
Expert:  Cris replied 8 days ago.

(888)(###) ###-####/u>

Customer: replied 8 days ago.
a case number?
Expert:  Cris replied 8 days ago.

I don't have a case number ***** have forwarded your request to customer service and they will refund you.

Customer: replied 8 days ago.
Ok thank you
Expert:  Cris replied 8 days ago.

your welcome.