Steve G., Engineer
Experience:  VP of electronic repair firm.
329447

In starting up a new 7" fire tablet, I was told to enter my

Customer Question

In starting up a new 7" fire tablet, I was told to enter my email password. I never have used an email password. Is it the same as other passwords used or different or is it optional?
JA: What's the make/model of your device? How old is it?
Customer: new, i'll get the model # in a minute.
JA: How long has this been going on? What troubleshooting have you tried?
Customer: no trouble shooting. It was a Xmas gift I am just setting up. the package simply says 8 gb, 7", quad core.
JA: Anything else you want the Android expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: Not that I know of.
Category: Android Devices
Expert:  Steve G. replied 2 months ago.

Hi. My name is Steve. I am one of the TV experts here.

***I can't take a phone call right now*** so if you see prompts for that, understand that it is the site, not me, that is sending those phone suggestions to you.

Ok...to register a Kindle Fire, you usually use your Amazon account credentials which are USUALLY, an email address and a password ***** Amazon (not your actual email account).

Once the Kindle is working, if you want to receive your email on it then yes, you will have to put in your password ***** that but to get it registered it needs your Amazon ID and password.

If you don't have one, you can create one during the registration process.

There can be long pauses during registration so hang in there. It will go through eventually.

Please let me know if you need further help.

A QUICK NOTE: If you would, please take a couple of seconds to rate my service using three to five stars. My rating is very important to me, and having helped over 20,000 customers like yourself I like to keep a high rating.

It does not close our discussion. We can continue if needed but it is the only way I am credited with helping you. It does not cost anything to rate my service.

I thank you in advance.

Regards

Steve

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
I never received an answer to my question (which was submitted 7 days ago) and it does me no good now. if you insist on continuing this process I will simply submit it determination by the Visa card process.