Richard, Android Specialist
Experience:  Android Systems Specialist
32989067

I have a samsung note gt-n7000. its my wifes and she had

Customer Question

I have a samsung note gt-n7000. its my wifes and she had forgot passcode. I know I can do hard reset but she has photos not backed up so I am trying to turn off passcode or reset it.
JA: What's the make/model of your device? How old is it?
Customer: samsung note gt-n7000
JA: How long has this been going on? What troubleshooting have you tried?
Customer: We replaced het phone about 6 onths ago so it hasn't been used. she was looking for photos after christmas and we realiesed they we on her old phone. so we charged it but she cant recall code
JA: Anything else you want the Android expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: dont think so
Category: Android Devices
Expert:  Richard replied 4 months ago.

Thank you for your question, my name is ***** ***** I look forward to assisting you.

Please note, click on Reply to Expert to reply to me, a rating is only needed when we are finished.

Even though I know this will probably annoy you and result in me getting a bad rating... the ONLY way to remove the pin is to reset the phone, which results in the data being removed from it. Its the whole point to the Pin, its there to protect the data. If you could bypass it, then there would be no point to the pin.

If you wish as a small amount of customers do, you can rate me bad, get upset by my message and spend a lot of time trying to get around it, but you will only end up with the realisation you have to reset the Note, it is the only way.

Then when you have concluded this yourself, this is the process you do.

First turn off your phone.

Then hold and press Volume Up + Home button + Power button.

Release all buttons when you see Samsung logo.
Then you will see Android green man and next Recovery Mode menu.
Now select option "wipe data/factory reset" using Volume butttons and confirm with Power button.

Choose option "yes" with Power button.
After that press Power button to confirm operation "reboot system now".

The device will restart.

You can then set it up again.

I then advise you install the app Dropbox on your phone as this will then backup your photos, films and files online so you can avoid losing this in the future.

If you have any problems, or would like any additional information or assistance, please do not hesitate to let me know.

Else if you can take a second to rate my service by clicking one of the stars at the top of the screen then submit, that would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
Disappointed as when researching the link to your site suggested you had a way to dod it.
I knew how to do a factory reset but I wanted to avaoid this if possible.
I guess you have answered it but I would be carefull asking your site a question again.
Thanks anyway.
Expert:  Richard replied 4 months ago.

I understand but please take into account I can only tell you the reality of the situation, the only other option would be to lie and make up some answer that does not exist.