GeekGal
GeekGal, Electronics Support Tech
Experience:  MIS degree and 15+ years experience supporting electronics of all kinds
76665483

The Kindle I use is in my husband's name. He never uses it,

Customer Question

The Kindle I use is in my husband's name. He never uses it, so I want to get in my name and get the credit card info set up properly so I can order reads I want. How do I do that. I tried it once before but it messed up my husband's Amazon account and I could not get it in my Amazon account?
Category: Android Devices
Expert:  GeekGal replied 5 months ago.

Hi there! My name is***** am a computer professional with over 15 years of experience with both Mac and Windows computers, software, phones, tablets, e-readers, and printers. It would be my pleasure to assist you with this.

We can about this one of two ways. We can go to www.amazon.com/myk and log on with your husband's account info, then click on the Devices tab and tell me the serial number and device type that you see there. Once I have that info I can provide detailed instructions on how to reset the device and set it back up for you. While you are logged into your husband's account you can click on the link to DEREGISTER the device (after making note of the serial number and the type).

Alternatively, we can use a method of hard-resetting the Kindle to restore it to factory settings. If you'd prefer to do it this way, please hold the power button or switch in the off position for a full 40 seconds. This should reset the Kindle to factory defaults. when it comes back up, you should see a wizard that will walk through setting it up again (using your Amazon account info).

Do you already have your own Amazon account? If not, please create one by going to www.amazon.com on your computer. If the last person to sign in to Amazon on the computer was your husband, it may remember his info and log him back in automatically. Be sure to look up in the upper right hand portion of the screen and see if you see Hello, Sign In, or Hello and a name. If you see Hello and a name and it is your husband's and not yours, please click on the drop down arrow beneath it and then click on SIGN OUT. If you have your own Amazon account please sign in using that info. If you don't have one, look for New Customer, Click Here. Click on that link and setup your account. If you already have an account, please go to your Amazon wallet to view and/or change your payment info.

Expert:  GeekGal replied 5 months ago.

Please give this a try and let me know the results. If this resolves your problem, would you mind taking a moment to rate my service? I'd really appreciate it! You can give your rating by selecting the stars located on the top right of the question page and then clicking on submit. If you have questions or need more help, please let me know. I am committed to working with you until your problem has been resolved. Your complete satisfaction is my goal! Thank you!