ITPeter
ITPeter, Engineer
Experience:  Electronic Engineer
30970729

How do i upgrade my kindle fire to the latest version

Customer Question

how do i upgrade my kindle fire to the latest version
Submitted: 10 days ago.
Category: Android Devices
Expert:  ITPeter replied 10 days ago.

Hi, I'm Pete. Welcome to JustAnswer! I'm reviewing your question now, and will post back with your reply ASAP.

Expert:  ITPeter replied 10 days ago.

The latest software versions should automatically download and install on your Kindle Fire when it is connected wirelessly; however, you can also manually download the software and transfer the update to your device via USB cable if you don't usually have the Kindle Fire connected to wifi.

Customer: replied 10 days ago.
how do i manually download and transfer
Customer: replied 10 days ago.
no no funds on my cell
Expert:  ITPeter replied 10 days ago.

First, determine the current software version on your Kindle Fire before downloading and installing a software update.

Then click the link below to download the software update to your computer:

http://kindle-fire-updates.s3.amazonaws.com/nGLptE9alYZAgyPTYEqT6zlKcp/update-kindle-10.5.1_user_5174820.bin

1. From your computer, go to Kindle Fire Software Updates and download the applicable software update file.
  2. Transfer the software update file to your Kindle Fire:
    1. Turn on your Kindle Fire and unlock the screen.
    2. Connect your Kindle Fire to your computer using the USB cable.
    3. Open the Kindle Fire drive (titled Kindle), and then drag and drop the software update file into the Internal storage folder.

3. Monitor file transfer and disconnect: After the file transfer is complete, disconnect the USB cable from your Kindle Fire and your computer.
  4. Start the software update:
    1. Swipe down from the top of the screen to open Quick Settings, and then tap More.
    2. Tap Device, and then tap About.
    3. Tap Update Your Kindle. Your Kindle Fire will restart during the software update. After the restart, the message "Kindle is upgrading" will appear on the screen.

--------------------
Your satisfaction is my priority;
Kindly take a moment to rate my service 5 stars and press submit at the top of your question page so I am rewarded for my time; tips appreciated :)
You can always reply back at any time if you need any further assistance at all.
Pete.
--------------------

Customer: replied 10 days ago.
i downloaded the latest drivers 10.4.4 or something like that but i dont know how to tranfer the downloaded informaton do i have to connect my kindle to my pc or something
Expert:  ITPeter replied 10 days ago.

See my previous notes.

Expert:  ITPeter replied 7 days ago.

Hi, just checking in on your question. If the issue is resolved or you do not need anymore help, please rate our session as 4 stars or more and press submit so I am credited for my time, otherwise please reply back so we can continue with the issue.