Joel Kalman
Joel Kalman, Electrical Engineer
Experience:  I am an MIT graduate with a Master of Science degree in Electrical Engineering from UC Berkeley.
76287196

Motorola C1001LX. How do we use it to unlock the front door

Customer Question

Motorola C1001LX. How do we use it to unlock the front door of our condo building.
JA: What's the make/model of your device? How old is it?
Customer: C1001LX The phone is almost new.
JA: How long has this been going on? What troubleshooting have you tried?
Customer: There's nothing in the instruction manual that says what numbers can be used to unlock a door. The phone company said there is a way to do it.
JA: Anything else you want the Android expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: That's it.
Category: Android Devices
Expert:  Joel Kalman replied 4 months ago.

Hello, I am pleased to have the opportunity to assist you. My name is ***** ***** I can help you solve your problem.

Does your condominium building have an entry guard security system controlling access to the front door? If so, you can contact your building manager and ask to have your landline home telephone number added to the address list with your name and a dialing code. Then you will be able to answer your telephone when someone calls from the entry guard security system at the front entrance and press the designated key on your keypad to allow the caller to open the door and gain entrance. It does not unlock the door; rather it releases a magnetic latch temporarily, so that the entry-guard equipped front door can be opened.