p0llinate
p0llinate, Engineer
Experience:  Android phone and tablet expert
59725966

We have a Panasonic Cordless system KX-TG9333. New voice

Customer Question

We have a Panasonic Cordless system KX-TG9333. New voice mail light blinking...no messages. How can I reset the feature?
JA: Just to clarify, what's the exact make and model of your machine?
Customer: KX-TG9333
JA: How long has this been going on? What troubleshooting have you tried?
Customer: 3 DAYS Tried playing messages...no messages.
JA: Anything else you want the electronics expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: Nope
Category: Android Devices
Customer: replied 5 months ago.
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call. Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
Expert:  p0llinate replied 5 months ago.

Hi, I'm Nathan.
Sorry to hear that you're having trouble, but I'll do my best to help you. Please give me a few moments to review your details here.

Can you tell me HOW you are checking for, or playing back, your messages?

Customer: replied 5 months ago.
I'm just trying to play it off from the base set..also from the hand set too.
.
Customer: replied 5 months ago.
We have had the phone for a long time and played many messages.

Thank you for confirming,

could you please test something for me: pick up the line and listen carefully - do you hear a few beeps or a fast/stutter tone prior to the dial tone?

Customer: replied 5 months ago.

Thank you for confirming.

What is happening is that your callers are reaching a voicemail service provided by the phone company. It is answering before your home answering machine has a chance to pick up the line, so they hear a different greeting, and why you get no messages when checking your home answering machine. That beep is an indicator from the phone company of these new messages on their system.

The solution in that case is to contact the phone company and have them cancel/remove the voicemail service from your account, OR as an alternative, you could just stop using the answering machine feature on the panasonic. and use the voicemail function instead. You can record your own greeting on the voicemail if you like, and voicemail actually has several advantages: it is always on, meaning it will work even if the power goes out, while the answering machine could stop taking or playing messages if it is ever damaged or unplugged. VM will also work even if you're on another call, with answering machine, the 2nd caller would just get a busy signal. For these reasons, I tend to recommend voicemail over using your own machine, simply because it tends to be more reliable and accessible. The choice is yours of course though.

If you have any other questions, just let me know. Otherwise, please take a moment to rate my service as this is the only way I am credited for my time. Hopefully I have earned 5 Stars but if not please let me know what I can do to ensure you are satisfied. I also invite you to contact me directly with any future support needs at http://bit.ly/1QwLxGh and ask for Nathan.

Thank you, ***** ***** a nice day,