GeekGal
GeekGal, Electronics Support Tech
Experience:  MIS degree and 15+ years experience supporting electronics of all kinds
76665483

My fire will not load the browser and it connected to the

Customer Question

my fire will not load the browser and it connected to the network
JA: What's the make/model of your device? How old is it?
Customer: verson 6.3.4 seral number D01ECOA1202107W8
JA: How long has this been going on? What troubleshooting have you tried?
Customer: Last several weeks everything else works it shows conectecd the only thing Ive tried is to turning back on
JA: Anything else you want the eReader expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: not hthat I know of
Category: Android Devices
Expert:  GeekGal replied 2 months ago.

Hi there! My name is***** am a computer professional with over 15 years of experience with both Mac and Windows computers, software, phones, tablets, e-readers, and printers. It would be my pleasure to assist you with this.

Expert:  GeekGal replied 2 months ago.

This and many other Issues are often caused by a software "glitch". Luckily this can be easily resolved. Please hold the power button or switch in the off position for 20 seconds. This will force your Kindle to power off, rather than just "sleep" as it usually does. Hopefully that will resolve the issue.

If this doesn't work, we can RESET TO FACTORY DEFAULTS. The MOST important thing to know about doing a Kindle Fire reset to factory defaults is that your tablet will be WIPED CLEAN. This means it will return to its original state when you first bought it (except for any physical wear and tear, that is).

It will no longer be registered to your Amazon account, and all of the content (apps, games, videos, docs, books, etc) that you download, sideloaded, emailed, or added in any way to your Kindle Fire will be gone. Also, all customisations, game data, stats, bookmarks, etc will be erased.

After the reset, you can re-register the Kindle Fire to your Amazon account and download any content that is in your cloud. Any book or game data that uses Amazon's Whispersync feature will also be available.

To do a factory reset please press and hold the power button or switch in the off position for a full 40 seconds. This should reset the Kindle to factory defaults. You will know that it successfully reset to factory defaults, if it reset the Kindle back to the way it was when you took it out of the box. Did it do that? If not, please try it again, being sure to hold the power button for a FULL 40 seconds. If it did require you to set it up again, then the factory reset was successful.

Expert:  GeekGal replied 2 months ago.

Please give this a try and let me know the results. If this resolves your problem, would you mind taking a moment to rate my service? I'd really appreciate it! You can give your rating by selecting the stars located on the top right of the question page and then clicking on submit. If you need more help, please let me know. I am committed to working with you until your problem has been resolved. Your complete satisfaction is my goal! Thank you!