Hi, thank you for contacting JustAnswer.com. My name is Russell. I will do my best to provide the right answer to your question.
I'm sorry to say that it may be permanently damaged, because you did not immediately remove the battery and also because you may not have dried it out enough.
I advise another 3 days of drying, with the battery removed, promptly.
That's good. Applying power to a device that has gotten wet must be eschewed as soon as possible and as long as possible, in order to maximize possibility of its recovery.
Aside from more drying time, 2 or 3 more days (with battery out again), I have not much more advice to offer.