Answers by Eric
Answers by Eric, Developer
Experience:  Award winning Android Developer & part of the Cyanogen Development Team
57442719

My Samsung 4 got wet, it powers o, it also is able to go to

Customer Question

my Samsung 4 got wet, it powers o, it also is able to go to boot recovery but nothing else happens. I dried it and was in a bag of rice for 48 hours to dry
JA: What's the make/model of your device? How old is it?
Customer: it is 6 month old and I thought the model was an s 4
JA: How long has this been going on? What troubleshooting have you tried?
Customer: It happened three days ago. I was dried immediately and put in rice bag with silica packet for 48 hours and troubleshooting per se, no iswhen I am tryingto find out what I can do. off and on and turning the boot recovery on to se if something can be done but it does not go fporwar frm the Samsung s4 starting screen with or without the recovery boot
JA: Anything else you want the Android expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: that is all
Submitted: 19 days ago.
Category: Android Devices
Expert:  Russell H. replied 19 days ago.

Hi, thank you for contacting JustAnswer.com. My name is Russell. I will do my best to provide the right answer to your question.

I'm sorry to say that it may be permanently damaged, because you did not immediately remove the battery and also because you may not have dried it out enough.

I advise another 3 days of drying, with the battery removed, promptly.

Customer: replied 19 days ago.
I failed to say that yes, I did take the battery and the cards after drying them and putting them in a rice bag.
Customer: replied 19 days ago.
are you still there?

That's good. Applying power to a device that has gotten wet must be eschewed as soon as possible and as long as possible, in order to maximize possibility of its recovery.

Aside from more drying time, 2 or 3 more days (with battery out again), I have not much more advice to offer.