Viet - Android Tech
Viet - Android Tech, Technician
Experience:  Troubleshoot Android Devices.
30037186

Amazon email address on kindle fire is misspelled. My Amazon

Customer Question

amazon email address on kindle fire is misspelled. My Amazon password ***** not work. The forgot password ***** does not work because the email is incorrect. How do I correct the email address? Do I have to deregister and start over?
JA: What's the make/model of your device? How old is it?
Customer: It is a Kindle Fire 5th gen that my granddaughter got for Christmas
JA: How long has this been going on? What troubleshooting have you tried?
Customer: The amazon email address is misspelled on the device and I cannot log in to the Amazon account to correct it
JA: Anything else you want the eReader expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: No
Category: Android Devices
Expert:  Viet - Android Tech replied 4 months ago.

I'm sorry about the issue. Yes, you would have to deregister it, then register / sign in with your correct email address. It is a simple process, and it won't affect anything on your new kindle.

Please type at the box below, then click on the Send button below to communicate with me, so I can help further. Thank you,

Basically, you must deregister first; it will not affect anything. Swipe down from the top of your Kindle Fire, then tap on Settings, then tap on option My Accounts, then tap on Deregister and confirm), then register / sign in with your correct email address and with your Amazon account password. Then it should work.

- Note 1: If you do not remember your Amazon account password ***** your correct email address. Please click on the Amazon website below:

https://www.amazon.com/password

, then there, enter your email address, then click on Continue. Then follow the instructions there in order to reset your Amazon account password.

- Note 2: If you do not have an Amazon account for your correct email address yet, then click on the Amazon website below:

https://www.amazon.com/manageyourkindle

, then there, you can create an Amazon account.

- Do you also have a Windows or Mac computer? If yes, I can also connect remotely to your computer, so that I can fix your Amazon account directly through your computer for you, then it will work on your Kindle Fire.

When you are available, please type at the box below, then click on the Send button below to communicate with me, so I can help further. Thank you,