ITPeter
ITPeter, Engineer
Experience:  Electronic Engineer
30970729

I need to reset a password and have no idea what the

Customer Question

I need to reset a password ***** have no idea what the existing password *****
JA: What's the make/model of your device? How old is it?
Customer: it is a kindle fire, probably 4 to 5 years old
JA: How long has this been going on? What troubleshooting have you tried?
Customer: This is a kindle for my mother in law. I bought her a new kindle and am trying to set up the new one the same
JA: Anything else you want the eReader expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: the new kindle is a fire hd. We never set up an e-mail account so I cant use the forgotten password *****
Category: Android Devices
Expert:  ITPeter replied 5 months ago.

Hi, I'm Pete. Welcome to JustAnswer! I'm reviewing your question now, and will post back with your reply ASAP.

Expert:  ITPeter replied 5 months ago.

If you forget your password, reset your Kindle by entering "resetmykindle" as the Parental Controls password.

Important: Resetting your Kindle will remove all content downloaded to it. Any content that is already saved to Your Kindle Library in the Cloud will remain in the Cloud. You can download that content again if you register your Kindle to your account again.

1. From Home, press the Menu button, and then select Settings.
  2. In Settings, press the Menu button again, and then select Reset to Factory Defaults. Your Kindle will power off and power back on.

To use your Kindle again, you'll need to connect wirelessly and register the Kindle again.

--------------------
Happy New Year!
Your satisfaction is my priority;
Kindly take a moment to rate my service 5 stars and press submit at the top of your question page so I am rewarded for my time; tips appreciated :)
You can always reply back at any time if you need any further assistance at all.
Pete.
--------------------

Expert:  ITPeter replied 5 months ago.

Hi, just checking in on your question. If the issue is resolved or you do not need anymore help, please rate our session as 4 stars or more and press submit so I am credited for my time, otherwise please reply back so we can continue with the issue.