p0llinate
p0llinate, Engineer
Experience:  Android phone and tablet expert
59725966

Just purchased an e-reader, kindle 8th generation, just

Customer Question

just purchased an e-reader
JA: What's the make/model of your device? How old is it?
Customer: kindle 8th generation
JA: How long has this been going on? What troubleshooting have you tried?
Customer: just purchased, the screen's weird. I don't know if I should try to peel it off.
JA: Anything else you want the electronics expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: screen's weird. Will I still be able to read?
Category: Android Devices
Expert:  p0llinate replied 4 months ago.

Hi, I'm Nathan.
Sorry to hear that you're having trouble, but I'll do my best to help you. Please give me a few moments to review your details here.

Your kindle will come with some plastic packing materials on it which may include a clear plastic layer which can be peeled off it if seems to be distorting the screen, it is there for packing not for long term use so you shouldn't hurt anything by peeling it off so long as there is a little plastic tab sticking out somewhere to grip it with.

If you still have trouble with it let me know.

Thanks,

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
My new kindle is equip with a non-glare screen which is an outstanding feature. However, your response to the question still remains open. I need step by step instructions in order to utilize the E-reader as a library option. Can you get me to the front cover of my first E-reader book?

Oh I'm sorry perhaps I misunderstood your question,

press the HOME button and that will bring up your library list, then touch on your desired title and you'll be able to open it.

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
Question: The front of the screen provides a non-glare feature; the product came out of the box (with a kindle cover), I want to remove the kindle cover to use the device, should I peel off the kindle cover? (I'll destroy the screen

If the display is not crisp and clear with that on, and it does not look like thin plastic that is meant as temporary packing then no, do not remove it. Any anti glare component is part of the screen and if you peel that off which would damage the screen, you would damage the kindle and it would not be repairable.

If you aren't happy with the screen quality it may be defective, or your eyes may just do better with a color display. In either case you'd be better off to return this kindle and try a different model.

Hello, it appears your question is still open.

Do you need more help with this?
If so, just reply back on this page. If I’ve answered your question, please let me know you are satisfied, to conclude our session – this is the only way I am credited for my work.

Please note: You have already paid your fee to the site; I'd like to help you and provide value for that fee, but I do need to communicate with you here to do so, if more help is needed.

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
I already returned my purchase

That is what I had expected you would do in favor of purchasing a different model.

If you have any other questions, just let me know. Otherwise, please take a moment to rate my service as this is the only way I am credited for my time. Hopefully I have earned 5 Stars but if not please let me know what I can do to ensure you are satisfied. I also invite you to contact me directly with any future support needs at http://bit.ly/1QwLxGh and ask for Nathan.

Thank you, ***** ***** a nice day,