Michael Hannigan
Michael Hannigan, Developer
Experience:  25+ Years Experience in Computers and Electronics. Android Expert.
23511658

My galaxy s7 edge keep restarting... been going on for

Customer Question

Hi, my galaxy s7 edge keep restarting... been going on for months. I have pretty much tried everything. I have the latest update, I have done hard reset several times, deleted apps, cleaned cache and so on... After the latest update it seemed better, but the restarts and freezes continued... Today it restarted several times froze once after I did a full battery charge.
JA: I'll do all I can to help. How long have you been dealing with this?
Customer: several months... sse first note
JA: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?
Customer: I don't know, depends on how complicated this is, or I''l change phone/brand...
JA: Anything else we should know to help you best?
Customer: Not what comes to mind...
Category: Android Devices
Expert:  Michael Hannigan replied 5 months ago.

Hello. My name is Michael. I can help you with your question.

This can usually be resolved by doing a factory reset of the phone. You mentioned doing a hard reset, but I'm not clear on whether you mean a factory reset or just a a hardware reset. If you haven't done so already, I would do the factory reset. After doing this, you will have to go through the setup again. Just make sure you use the same google account and samsung account and it will synchronize almost everything. It may not sync text messages if backing them up had not been enabled. But just about everything else is backed up automatically.

Go to settings

Go to backup and reset

Select Reset to factory settings.

This is the easiest way to do it. It can take a LONG time to complete. So if it's still doing it after 30 minutes or so, don't be surprised. Once it completes, you can choose to restore your apps or set them up new. It's best to set them up new so you don't replicate any problems from before, but it's much more convenient to restore - which one you pick is up to you. You can try one and if it doesn't work out, reset it again and do the other.

--------------------
Happy Holidays!
Your satisfaction is my priority.
Please take a moment to rate my service 5 stars and press submit at the top of your question page so I am compensated for my time.
You can reply back at any time, even after rating, if you need additional assistance.

--------------------