GeekGal
GeekGal, Electronics Support Tech
Experience:  MIS degree and 15+ years experience supporting electronics of all kinds
76665483

I have a MOto G smartphone and a Motorold modem and I need

Customer Question

I have a MOto G smartphone and a Motorold modem and I need to set up wifi with you on my cell phone
JA: How old is the phone?
Customer: I just bought it last week
JA: How long has this been going on? What troubleshooting have you tried?
Customer: I did not know that I was not even set up for cell wifi when I purchased the phone
JA: Anything else you want the electronics expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: I don't think so, no
Category: Android Devices
Expert:  GeekGal replied 5 months ago.

Hi there. My name is***** would be my pleasure to help you get your Moto G phone connected to wifi.

Please follow these steps to set up and troubleshoot Wi-Fi access on the phone.

Turn Wi-Fi Power On or Off

Touch the round circle with the dots on it, then Settings > Wi-Fi. Next touch the Wi-Fi power switch to turn it ON (if it isn't already on) and scan. Your smartphone lists the networks it finds within range.Touch a network to connect. If necessary, enter Network SSID, Security, and Password, and touch Connect.

When your smartphone is connected to the network, the Wi-Fi connected indicator appears in the status bar.

Expert:  GeekGal replied 5 months ago.

Please give this a try and let me know the results. If this resolves your problem, would you mind taking a moment to rate my service? I'd really appreciate it! You can give your rating by selecting the stars located on the top right of the question page and then clicking on submit. If you need more help, please let me know. I am committed to working with you until your problem has been resolved. Your complete satisfaction is my goal! Thank you!