Answers by Eric
Answers by Eric, Developer
Experience:  Award winning Android Developer & part of the Cyanogen Development Team
57442719

I have a moto g 2d gen from republic wireless. I just got a

Customer Question

I have a moto g 2d gen from republic wireless. I just got a motog 4th gen from republic. I canot port my phone number, apps, contacts, etc. What can I do?
JA: How old is the phone?
Customer: The old one is almost 2 years old. The new one is just out of the box.
JA: How long has this been going on? What troubleshooting have you tried?
Customer: I do not know what to troubleshoot. I was able to set up google account, and put my wifi password *****
JA: Anything else you want the electronics expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: I am not really tech savy.
Category: Android Devices
Expert:  Ronald Brock replied 3 months ago.

Hi! My name is ***** ***** ill be assisting you with your issues today.

Just need to get some questions out of the way for starters.....

your trying to transfer all your contacts and apps from one phone to another, as well as trying to move your mobile telephone number to your new phone, is that correct?

to transfer your contacts, as long as you still have your old phone, you would need to have a sim card or a SD card inserted into the phone. Then you should be able to go into the people app, click on the 3 dots in the lower right corner and select import/export. This will export your contacts as a .vsf file. once youve done that, you can remove the sim or sd card from the gen 2 device, insert it into the gen 4 device and touch Contacts, then the 3 dots in the upper right, touch import/export and import from SD or sim card. It may also have to select an account to import the contacts back to, ie, google, backup assist, etc...

as for transferring your mobile number, moving the sim card from one phone to another should be all you have to do, but you might have to get in contact with republic wireless to have them change your phones serial numbers and idn numbers for the network, which is easily by going to this web address https://republicwireless.com/activate/ and following the steps to activate your new phone.