Michael Hannigan
Michael Hannigan, Developer
Experience:  25+ Years Experience in Computers and Electronics. Android Expert.
23511658

I got a Galaxy On5 tracphone and I get a cant download

Customer Question

I got a Galaxy On5 tracphone and I get a cant download failure for mms messages and I contacted tracphone, they had me do a factory reset (which didnt fix the problem) and now I cant use my mobil data. I called them again they said my service has been terminated, wait 24 hours. Still having same issues tracfone is no help...very bummed.
JA: Just to clarify, what's the exact make and model of your machine?
Customer: Samsung Galaxy On5
JA: How long has this been going on? What troubleshooting have you tried?
Customer: Day one
JA: Anything else you want the phone expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: no
Submitted: 10 days ago.
Category: Android Devices
Expert:  Michael Hannigan replied 10 days ago.

Hello,. My name is Michael. I can help you with your questions.

Sometimes with Tracfone, you must setup the MMS settings manually. For instructions on how to do that (this is called the APN settings), please follow the steps on the following page. The correct settings are also there. If you have any questions when you are doing it, please let me know and I can help you get through it.

http://bitli.es/gN3iVH

Customer: replied 10 days ago.
This did not work, I also found this apn online. I also still can't get online using mobile data as stated in my question....not at all helpful
Customer: replied 10 days ago.
can't call
Customer: replied 10 days ago.
I need to know all the settings on my phone. I have done a lot of research on this issue. I came across something about packets needed to be set or something?
Customer: replied 9 days ago.
that didnt fix it
Customer: replied 9 days ago.
how do I get my money back?
Expert:  Michael Hannigan replied 8 days ago.

Please provide the exact message you are seeing about the packets.

Have you contacted tracfone to see if your service has been reactivated?

Customer: replied 8 days ago.
I have contacted Tracfone several times. As stated in my first question they told me to do a factory reset which created another problem, no mobile data use even though its checked with no limit set. I found the message about packets at androidforums.com/threads/cant-receive-mms-photos-521327.

It doesn't look like that applies to your device.

The only thing that can cause this if you have verified service is the APN settings. I would double/triple check those and make sure everything is exact. These APN settings affect both MMS and mobile data. Unless there is a problem with your service, this would have to be the issue.

One thing that can cause this is a bad SIM card. So you may want to request a new SIM from Tracfone.

Customer: replied 8 days ago.
I have checked them over and over. I guess I'll just ditch this phone I'm over it.......so do I get my money back since the question/problem was not resolved?

If you don't want me to be paid for the personal time I spent helping, you can request a refund through customer service.

the information I provided to you is accurate. If your phone is defective, that's something over which I have no control.