Russell H., Service Tech
Experience:  8+ years of professional experience
13568747

I have followed all the directions but my kindle fire keeps

Customer Question

hello I have followed all the directions but my kindle fire keeps alternating between authenticating and saved but is still not conected to internet...help!
JA: What's the make/model of your device? How old is it?
Customer: brand new kindle fire 7" and a netgear n300 that is 3-4 yrs old
JA: How long has this been going on? What troubleshooting have you tried?
Customer: turning off waiting then back on alsotried using the wps button it acted like it was going to work then went back to authenticating/saved cycle
JA: Anything else you want the eReader expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: i am using a really! old lenex nadia desktop if that matters and have really slow internet
Category: Android Devices
Expert:  Russell H. replied 5 months ago.

Hi, thank you for contacting JustAnswer.com. My name is Russell. I will do my best to provide the right answer to your question.

I suspect that you may have made a mistake entering the data for your wireless connection, or the passphrase may have a mistake in it, as stored on the Kindle, and as therein configured to be used to authenticate connecting to your wireless.

So, if configured to re-try the connection to the WiFi, it will endlessly submit the wrong passphrase, and be rejected, and re-try, and so forth.

You need to re-do the connection data on your Kindle, for your wireless connection and your local router, making sure that all UPPER CASE LETTERS in the passphrase are properly entered as UPPER CASE, and lower-case letters entered as lower-case... that may help.

Let me know if you need specific details as to how to store your passphrase for wireless connection anew. And I will instruct you further as needed.

(But if this happens to clear up the difficulty, and allow your Kindle to work, please return to this case and rate my answer - five stars would be right in that case, I think.)

This case may be returned to at any time, at

http://www.justanswer.com/e-readers/a1nrq-followed-directions-kindle-fire-keeps.html

If this answers your question, please rate my answer. A five-star rating would be appreciated!

If you need more info, or have any comments, use Reply To Expert to respond.

Thanks.