derrickonline
derrickonline, Info. Tech. Mgr.
Experience:  Extensive experience with Android tablets, and phones.
22792886

I'm using freedompop as my carrier and my device is the

Customer Question

I'm using freedompop as my carrier and my device is the Samsung Galaxy 5. I'm unable to receive calls, or let me say it's intermittent. I can make calls and I can send and receive text.
JA: What's the make/model of your device? How old is it?
Customer: Galaxy S5
JA: How long has this been going on? What troubleshooting have you tried?
Customer: How old?
JA: Anything else you want the Android expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: I've been messing with this for three months
Category: Android Devices
Expert:  derrickonline replied 5 months ago.

I'd be more than happy to assist you. Are you using the FreedomPOP phone service or FreedomPOP hotspot?

Customer: replied 5 months ago.
My service is FreedomPop Premium Voice
Customer: replied 5 months ago.
or that's what they call it

Thank you. I'll be quite frank with you, FreedomPOP which piggybacks off the Sprint network is one of the worse service providers I've come across. It's not the Sprint part it's how FreedomPOP attempts to cripple things. I also found I missed a number of calls with the service when I tested it for review purposes. I highlight suggest a service like RingPlus. You can get unlimited minutes and 1GB of data for under $20/month. Be sure to look at the MadScientist plan which uses the ACTUAL phone service of Sprint and not VoIP which can be unreliable on a cell phone. Probably not the answer you were looking for but I can assure you it's the FreedomPOP service and not the phone.

Customer: replied 5 months ago.
I appreciate you help. I was rather sure that I needed to move to another carrier option and you just verified my assumption. Thanks for the suggestion and thanks for your help.

Yes, and I'm speaking firsthand. I can definitely tell you that Ringplus another Sprint reseller has MUCH better service but be sure to look at the Mad Scientist plan or better. You don't want to be on the VoIP options.