Michael
Michael, Technician
Experience:  Over 25 years experience in the field of electronics repair, TV, VCR and computer repair.
11519491

I have an RCT6303W87DK tablet. I am trying to get it to

Customer Question

I have an RCT6303W87DK tablet. I am trying to get it to install and play the firefox browser app and the Plickers.com app. Google apps says "installed". However that's it...nothing after that. I can't even figure out where on the tablet the files were installed.
Category: Android Devices
Customer: replied 2 months ago.
Already reset device to factory default and re-setup the wifi. Trying to access google playstore gives an error message; Either "Item not found" or "Error retrieving information from server. [DF-CHARTA-01]"
Expert:  Russell H. replied 2 months ago.

Hi, thank you for contacting JustAnswer.com. My name is Russell. I will do my best to provide the right answer to your question.

How old is your tablet please?

As for Firefox - it will not be there, if you reset the tablet to factory defaults.

(After factory defaults resets, the tablet may have to be configured basically, for internet access for instance, before other things will work. Factory defaults goes all the way into the settings and setup, remember, for network connections.)

Get Firefox again, from an authorized source, the original source that is:

https://www.mozilla.org/en-US/firefox/android/

after making sure that your internet connection or Network Settings are OK and you are connected.

Let me know how that goes, I hope to help you through to a solution to this problem.

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
My question was not specific enough. Neither Firefox nor the Plickers app appeared on the tablet BEFORE the default wipe even though they were downloaded. That is why I tried a wipe. When I try to download the install file, I get "Error retrieving information from server [DF-CHARTA-01]"

Did that 'error retrieving information' come up after trying the link / source for Firefox that I cied ?

If that link/source does not work on your tablet, do you have a computer on which you could access that page?

And, have you verified that your tablet still has an internet connection now?

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
I tried that link. I am using the tablet to answer the question now, thus verifying it can get online.
Customer: replied 2 months ago.
the tablet is a refubished model I bought last month rom amazon.

OK, I see.

It may have a problem that is not just software (which, with a factory reset, would be taken care of).

Try that link, see if you can get Firefox onto your tablet that way - stop at any error message and let me know what it is, please.

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
This is strange and unexpected. When I actually tried the link from my regular desktop macine I get this error"Sorry! This content is not available in your country yet.
We're working to bring the content you love to more countries as quickly as possible.
Please check back again soon."This is the same error I get when I try to install the Plickers app on the tablest.

You are indicated as being in the United States.

Is that the case?

Did the page URL I recommended for Firefox, come up - or was the error about 'This content is not available in your country' the only thing that appeared?

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
No, it gave "Item not found" [Retry]. When I hit the back button to try again, THAT is when it gives the "Error retrieving information from server ."...error.

Sorry to repeat myself:

When did the

"Sorry! This content is not available in your country yet.
Please check back again soon."

error message appear? or in response to what exactly?

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
I will be willing to do the "tech support remote access" solution if this will get solved tonight.

I don't think this case is appropriate for remote access... a tablet cannot be remote-controlled you see.

(Not by any means I have or have access to, etc.)

(I regret that I myself am not able to offer Live Phone Call service at this time; However, your request is still open to other Experts in this category, and one of them may pick up on it at any time.)

Considering that I don't seem to be making any progress getting to the solution for the problem stated in your question, I have Opted Out, opening this case to other Experts in this category.

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
When I tried to access your link, I get "item not found" on the tablet. When I hit the back button and retry I get "Error retrieving information from server ."...error.When I try to access the Plickers.com android app from the Plickers.com website, I get the "Sorry! This content is not available in your country yet. We're working to bring the content you love to more countries as quickly as possible.
Please check back again soon."Keep in mind, I am in Florida.I also get the "Sorry! This content is not available in your country yet. ..." error when I try to download the Firefox android app link you sent me to my desktop computer. This is understandable in this case since my desktop is a Windows 10 op system, not an android.
Expert:  Michael replied 2 months ago.

Hi good morning, I tried to call but I didn't get an answer.

Please let me knwo the best time to call and I will return your call promptly.

Thank you

Sincerely

Tech Michael