Joel Kalman
Joel Kalman, Electrical Engineer
Experience:  I am an MIT graduate with a Master of Science degree in Electrical Engineering from UC Berkeley.
76287196

My phone just went off, not up 3months old, this is the ist

Customer Question

my phone just went off
JA: How old is the phone?
Customer: not up 3months old
JA: How long has this been going on? What troubleshooting have you tried?
Customer: this is the ist time it went off and i cant get it on again
JA: Anything else you want the Android expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: it suddenly became hot
Category: Android Devices
Expert:  derrickonline replied 5 months ago.

I'd be more than happy to assist you. Please let the phone cool down, connect it to a charger, wait 15 minutes, disconnect the phone, and attempt to power it back on. By the way what brand and model phone do you own?

Customer: replied 5 months ago.
HOMTOM HT7

Interesting, never heard of it. I just wanted to ensure you didn't have a Samsung Note. Please follow my instructions and let me know if that resolves your issue. Were you doing anything intensive on the phone? Gaming for example?

Customer: replied 5 months ago.
WATCHING YOUTUBE VIDEO PLUGGED TO CHARGER

I'm not sure if that's a question or a comment.

Customer: replied 5 months ago.
I WAS WATCHING VIDEO VIA YOUTUBE WHEN IT WENT OFF. MEANWHILE IT WAS PLUGGED TO CHARGER, WHILE I WAS WATCHING THE YOUTUBE. THANKS

I see, thanks for clarifying. I believe it's been over 15 minutes. Can you disconnect from the charger and try powering on the device?

Customer: replied 5 months ago.
i tried switching it on but it is not switching on

Did you try holding the power button for 5 seconds then releasing. Can you confirm it does in fact have a charge? When charging did you see any indication it was charging?

Customer: replied 5 months ago.
no indication sir
Customer: replied 5 months ago.
i pressed the button more than five secs

Can you try a different outlet?

Customer: replied 5 months ago.
SIR NO DEVELOPMENT AFTER TRYING ANOTHER OUTLET

I'm going to see if I can get another expert to assist you. It's my guess that the device may be defective. But let's wait for a second opinion.

Customer: replied 5 months ago.
OK
Expert:  Joel Kalman replied 5 months ago.

Hello, I am pleased to have the opportunity to assist you. My name is ***** ***** I can help you solve your problem. What is the make and model of your smartphone? Who is your wireless carrier?

Sorry for the repeated message. I got the make and model of your Android smartphone, a HomTom HT7.

It is most likely that your charger has failed. You need to take your smartphone, charger, and usb charger cable to the phone store for your wireless carrier or the phone store where you purchased it, and have them check out your charger and cable. If it is not the charger or cable that has failed, then your battery has probably failed.

The specifications indicate that your smartphone has a built-in battery that is not user replaceable. Your smartphone would then need to be replaced or repaired. If it is less than three months old, it should be replaced under warranty. You should return it to the place where you got it for a replacement.

If you are satisfied with my advice, I would appreciate a Good or Excellent rating. If you have questions or are having problems, please let me know, so that I can provide you with the additional support that you need. Thank you for giving me the opportunity to be of service. I ONLY GET COMPENSATED FOR MY TIME AND EFFORT WHEN I RECEIVE A POSITIVE RATING!