JKalman
JKalman, Electrical Engineer
Experience:  I am an MIT graduate with a Master of Science degree in Electrical Engineering from UC Berkeley.
76287196

My phone has locked me out asking for a password, I Have

Customer Question

My phone has locked me out asking for a password, I Have tried all the passwords I can remember with no luck, been to a Telstra shop advised me to contact Samsung.
JA: How old is the phone?
Customer: S5 approx. 2 yrs
JA: Does the TV menu work? Do you have the same problem on all sources/inputs?
Customer: Nothing works wanting password ***** my phone
JA: How long has this been an issue? What happened right before this popped up?
Customer: I installed services Australia app then it asked for password.
JA: Anything else you want the TV expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: Not TV it is a mobile phone
Submitted: 11 days ago.
Category: Android Devices
Expert:  JKalman replied 11 days ago.

Hello, I am pleased to have the opportunity to assist you. My name is ***** ***** I can help you solve your problem. If you cannot supply the screenlock password, you can perform a factory reset on your phone>

Here is a link to a webpage that shows how to perform a hard reset, factory reset to your Galaxy S5 smartphone:

http://support.bell.ca/Mobility/Smartphones_and_mobile_internet/Samsung-Galaxy-S5.how_to_perform_a_hard_reset_when_my_samsung

If you are satisfied with my advice, I would appreciate a Good or Excellent rating. If you have questions or are having problems, please let me know, so that I can provide you with the additional support that you need. Thank you for giving me the opportunity to be of service. I ONLY GET COMPENSATED FOR MY TIME AND EFFORT WHEN I RECEIVE A POSITIVE RATING!