Answers by Eric
Answers by Eric, Developer
Experience:  Award winning Android Developer & part of the Cyanogen Development Team
57442719

Can you help me if my kindle's (oasis) battery isnt working?

Customer Question

Hi! Can you help me if my kindle's (oasis) battery isnt working? It was a gift, but I have the order information
JA: What's the make/model of your device? How old is it?
Customer: Kindle Oasis E-reader with leather charging cover - Black 6 It was bought on june 27th of this year
JA: How long has this been going on? What troubleshooting have you tried?
Customer: 17th sorry
JA: Anything else you want the eReader expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: I havent tried anything. Since I have it, the battery lasts only for a few days Last time, I charged it and didnt use it for two weeks and when I tried turning it on, it was drained It´s supposed to last for months right? But it's not lasting for a week haha
Submitted: 16 days ago.
Category: Android Devices
Expert:  Randy Boman replied 16 days ago.

Hi, I'm Randy. Welcome to JustAnswer. I'm reviewing your question now, and will post back with your reply ASAP.

This could be a firmware issue.

We will need to rule out the possibility of a firmware issue by resetting the software, using a force reset method while USB charging. If this fails then there is an hardware issue on the device that software troubleshooting can't resolve. Try these steps please>Connect the usb charger to the kindle and a wall outlet charger. Then Slide or press and hold the power switch for 40 second, then release. Wait 15 minutes then power on and check. If that fails and you are sure that the charger is working properly then that means the kindle has a hardware failure.

Expert:  Randy Boman replied 10 days ago.

Did that work for you?