JKalman
JKalman, Electrical Engineer
Experience:  I am an MIT graduate with a Master of Science degree in Electrical Engineering from UC Berkeley.
76287196

Grandson forgot lock screen password, how can i fix that?

Customer Question

grandson forgot lock screen password, how can i fix that?
JA: What's the make/model of your device? How old is it?
Customer: chromo inc. android 4.i
JA: How long has this been going on? What troubleshooting have you tried?
Customer: tried to reset tablet by holing volum and on off buttons at same time, all it did was turn tablet off and back on
JA: Anything else you want the Android expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: np
Submitted: 14 days ago.
Category: Android Devices
Expert:  JKalman replied 14 days ago.

Hello, I am pleased to have the opportunity to assist you. My name is ***** ***** I can help you solve your problem. What is the make and model of your smartphone? Who is your wireless carrier?

Customer: replied 14 days ago.
it is a chromp inc 4.1 android tablet
Customer: replied 14 days ago.
do not have smart phone, can't get your response on my cell phone. pls email me your answer,***@******.***
Customer: replied 14 days ago.
ok not going to get an answer from you-what a rip off
Expert:  JKalman replied 14 days ago.

You get an email notification for each of my replies. You can follow the conversation on your computer.

Expert:  JKalman replied 14 days ago.

If you do not know the screenlock password, you can do a factory reset on your Chromo Android 4.1 Jellybean tablet. First, turn off the device. Then press and hold the volume up button and the power button simultaneously until the recovery menu comes on the screen. The use the volume up and down keys to navigate and the power button to select factory reset. BE sure that your device has a full charge and have it connected to the charger during this process. Allow the process to complete and then restart your tablet. You will need to reregister it using the same email or gmail address and password ***** were used originally. Then you can select a new screenlock password ***** another ,method if you wish.

Expert:  JKalman replied 14 days ago.

If you are satisfied with my advice, I would appreciate a Good or Excellent rating. If you have questions or are having problems, please let me know, so that I can provide you with the additional support that you need. Thank you for giving me the opportunity to be of service. I ONLY GET COMPENSATED FOR MY TIME AND EFFORT WHEN I RECEIVE A POSITIVE RATING!